Author Topic: Tenere Tyres  (Read 1091 times)

Richard Marshall

Tenere Tyres
« on: January 12, 2007, 10:02:33 PM »
Any recomendations for tyres (& sizes) for an '86 Tenere.  I quite like the Twinduro but I'm not sure about the sizes as the bike is new to me.  And M&P are doing 10% off internet orders this weekend so it is a good time to strike).

I fancy a dual purpose tyre as I will be commuting to Aberystwyth on it at about 50 miles  a day, but need to be able to go trail/grass/mud riding occasionally.

Ideas please gentlefolk.

Richard

beeman

Re: Tenere Tyres
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 11:06:55 PM »
I use avon distanzias with no problems, during the winter. no good for off roading on mud etc.
Although they didn't stop me dropping it twice last year. Once on deisel and also on powder snow on a steep narrow road!!!!

I must remember, Tenere with full tank is not that stable. Unless rider is a skilled rider, which I appear not to be.

We all get Heavier as we get Older because there is a lot more information in our heads

Richard Marshall

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 01:39:10 PM »
Gone for the TKC80 option.  Mud/wet/grass ability seems a bit better and yet they seem okay on the road.

I wonder how much they paid Ewan and Charlie to use them ?

If I could have found the Vee Rubber option I would probably have gone for them though.  Far Eastern tyres have improved enormously over the last twenty years.

Steffan

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 08:01:23 AM »
Gone for the TKC80 option.  Mud/wet/grass ability seems a bit better and yet they seem okay on the road.

"I wonder how much they paid Ewan and Charlie to use them ?"

Some of us were even using  them before the great lovies adventure.

"If I could have found the Vee Rubber option I would probably have gone for them though.  Far Eastern tyres have improved enormously over the last twenty years."

Well you ought to know old boy, you seem to have made a habit of using them since forever.

Steffan

squirrelciv

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 11:46:15 AM »

And M&P are doing 10% off internet orders this weekend so it is a good time to strike).

Richard

Cheers for the tip off Richard, i ordered my new Distanzia last night :-)
BTW on another forum I frequent the TKC's are very highly rated by those who venture off road. Last quite a while on tarmac too
Live long, live well, live happy

ONE LUNGER

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 09:56:00 PM »
I USE AVON GRIPSTERS ON MY TENERE, STANDARD SIZES, THEY ARE GOOD ON ROAD, AND NOT TOO BAD OFF ROAD. HOPE THIS HELPS, CHEERS.

RIDE SAFE