Club House > Events/Meetings/Rideouts

Possible Scottish Rally /Run 2007

(1/4) > >>

guest18:
If you like the look of this...
Then you may be interested in a Scottish tour on a summers weekend next year.
I'm looking into the prospect but if I'm going to do it then I need to pick a date *soon* otherwise it won't happen...
I was thinking of around this time of year, over a long weekend (I'll try to put a proposed weekends dates up tomorrow sometime) with everyone meeting somewhere borders/centralish on the Friday night, riding North on the Saturday before camping somewhere remote then West and South in a loop before camping / dispersing on the Sunday night.
The idea is maximum quality Thumper time for the minimum holiday taken!
Hopefully I'll have a rough loop described soon but my thoughts include Spittal of Glenshee, Spean Bridge and Glencoe... so we're talking about some world class roads :-))
Oh and someone has already mentioned the words "Distillery Tour" lol

Whatchya think then chaps and chapessess?

Steve H:
A tentative yes, if I have a reliable bike. Latter would be better so as not too be too close to the Annual Rally.

beeman:
How about near midsummers day, always wanted to do Scotland when it is almost light all through the night.

squirrelciv:
You know I'll be there :-) As for dates, things would be considerably easier to swing past beloved if there was a fair gap between Scottish trip and annual rally. Also, after being completely munched by Yorkshire midge last weekend, shouldn't you consider avoiding putting us on the Scottish midge menu???

guest7:
Midsummer day sounds good to me too, that puts a whole month between this trip and the annual.

And while were talking of dates, does anyone have an opinion on moving the AR back a week next year to avoid the end of term holiday traffic?

GC

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version