Author Topic: srx engine hoses  (Read 1230 times)

bikeplantation

srx engine hoses
« on: June 18, 2010, 07:08:59 PM »
HI, I would like to replace all the various engine hoses on my 1986 sxr600. When I type into google all I get is links to brake hose companies i.e. goodridge etc. I'm just wondering if anyone knows of suppliers of engine hose kits?  Cheers

themoudie

Re: srx engine hoses
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 08:48:19 PM »
Aye bikeplantation,

Try your local hydraulic oil pipe supplier, ask around local motor factors, or visit Pirtex [pricey!]. You are looking for reinforced oil supply hoses. You maybe offered black rubber or nylon reinforced clear plastic hoses. The former is strong and less affected by sunlight, whilst the latter is strong but maybe affected by sunlight/heat and become hardened, you can also view oil circulating through it! Finally clear maybe available from B&Q, but you will need to get them to confirm it's properties and spec!!!!!

Agricultural engineers or plant hirers may also prove helpful.

I hope this gives you some leads.

Regards, Bill.

tj63

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 02:25:05 PM »
You could try sending a PM to ian650 - he rebuilt my SRX (and another one since) with some new oil hoses on it.

Trevor

bikeplantation

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 10:01:41 PM »
Hi all,

Thank you for your suggestions however I may of had a bit of a break through.

I have been in contact with a company that has the capability of producing a complete set of hoses. They will take my current engine hoses and reproduce them. There is a slight catch in that they will only do it if there is suitable demand for the said kit. I have been asked to get 10 interested parties and based on this the kit will be put on sale.

This obviously extends to any bike that uses this engine i.e. SRX, XT, TT etc.

I intend on taking my bike off the road through the winter to fix a base gasket leak, so during this time I would look to send my hoses away for reproduction.

If anyone is interested please let me know and I will let them have further details of my contact in this company for them to check it out for themselves.

Cheers

Dieter

Steve Lake

• Dyslexics have more nuf
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 04:22:10 PM »
I could be interested, does your bike include an oil cooler? (japanese grey import)

i would certainly be interested if the kit included oil cooler pipes. (dependent on price of course)

cheers
Steve