Author Topic: ime making a new stubby for my srx ,need some advice  (Read 345 times)

fred

ime making a new stubby for my srx ,need some advice
« on: May 11, 2010, 05:24:52 PM »
ime building a new can for my srx 400,i chopped the original off when i bought the bike for £50 the other year and made a susuki bandit chopped down can fit pretty well,ime making another stainless stubby can now,probably going to go straight through ,But i need to know a good bore size for the mesh,and how much packing around the mesh,will post some pix now,cheers fred
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 05:29:03 PM by fred »

fred

Re: ime making a new stubby for my srx ,need some advice
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 05:36:12 PM »

and the fitment on the bike, i am looking to make it the same lenghth 220mm and either have the outside diamiter the same 129mm or go down to 110mm,have been trying to find some aftermarket ones to copy but with no luck,any help would be realy appreciated, oh in the collector i have welded in a reverse cone with a 19mm hole to form some back pressure, cheers fred

guest868

Re: ime making a new stubby for my srx ,need some advice
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 07:54:12 PM »
Hi Fred, I've made a few silencers and exhausts in my time. I would recommend you chose a smaller diameter outer to stop the silencer from grounding out on bends.
If you want to avoid the thing being deafeningly loud, then a 2" o.d. perforated tube in a 110mm outer would be ok, but loud. You could make a simple baffle to go in the end using a couple of staggered penny washers welded inside the tube. This would dampen it down a little.