Author Topic: 20th-22nd November  (Read 7465 times)

Simon#83

Re: 20th-22nd November
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2009, 08:24:59 PM »
KTM Duke II
Royal Enfield Himalayan

guest905

« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2009, 08:45:48 PM »
Hi Simon,
 thanks for the links. One of the guys at the rally gave me the address for this place (I forget his name but he was the one giving everyone chilly volka poisoning, by the way your feckin pickled eggs should come with some kind of warning....... Had to throw my pants down the loo Sunday morning... Whats all the about?  :-\ )  But to be honest i was that cold and wet i couldnt be bothered to stop and have a look on the way home. Hopeing to have a trip over this weekend as it is only about 25 miles from my house. Going to make a shopping list and see what i can sort out. Have been to the Hein Gerricke shop and bought some water proof over trousers and a waterproof duffle bag for my gear. So i am getting there. Also bought a Trangia the same as Steve D off E-bay(but no gas conversion) so should be good to feed myself at the next one!!
See you again soon mate, great choice of bike by the way.......
Mark

steveD

• XT660Z Tenere
« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2009, 10:39:26 PM »
Mark, this is the Poncho that I have, with the extra bungee's on the corners etc ( for your information)

http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/shop/outdoor-clothing/waterproof-clothing/gelert-olive-green-calais-poncho-550004.html

We expect you to be fully kitted when we next meet and then you will know what it is like to be dry!!!!!! ;D
If I'm not working I'll be away on my bike camping!

steveD

• XT660Z Tenere
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2009, 11:15:20 PM »
Hi Simon,
 thanks for the links. One of the guys at the rally gave me the address for this place (I forget his name but he was the one giving everyone chilly volka poisoning, by the way your feckin pickled eggs should come with some kind of warning....... Had to throw my pants down the loo Sunday morning... Whats all the about?  :-\

I think that must have been a combination of EGG and Chili rocket fuel poisoning! :o

Didn't realise that the effect had been so drastic!......and that was Richard to blame. At least I've now got a new lining to my mouth! That stuff is much better than a mouth wash and will take the enamel off your teeth! :o

guest7

« Reply #79 on: November 24, 2009, 12:30:22 AM »
Mark, I have an older style poncho here that you can have for the cost of the postage, Use the personal message link (under my picture on the left) to contact me if you're interested.

GC

guest7

« Reply #80 on: November 24, 2009, 12:35:27 AM »

and here's the link to the specific rucksacks I bought:

RUCKSACKS

Simon, are these stiff enough for throwovers or do you think they would benefit from stiffening with a thin plastic sheet down the back of 'em?

Also bought a Trangia the same as Steve D off E-bay(but no gas conversion)

Would THIS be a cheap way of knocking together a budget gas conversion for the Trangia? It looks like the burner legs can be removed easily enough.

GC

Cheers
GC

Andy M

« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2009, 07:44:21 AM »
Morning chaps. Made it home fine despite a drenching. Didn't bother heading further north, my mate's got some sort of disease, so the rest of weekend was spent drying gear and sorting the MZ (just finished this morning!).

Thanks for the stove GC and I will drop you that text when I get there.

Great weekend.

Cheers

Andy

Simon#83

« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2009, 08:32:03 AM »
Simon, are these stiff enough for throwovers or do you think they would benefit from stiffening with a thin plastic sheet down the back of 'em?

There's both a pocket on the inside and outside that would take a sheet of plastic or aluminium. It just so happens that a lid from a Jacob's Cream Crackers tub fits almost exactly, but I might try something better at some stage.
KTM Duke II
Royal Enfield Himalayan

guest7

« Reply #83 on: November 25, 2009, 12:04:32 AM »
Yes there were comments from critical people who having refused at first to organise anything decided at the very last to do something and ended up doing bugger all, not even attending, their comments were nonsense. If they did'nt attend and take part they have no mandate to comment.

Admittedly it was some years ago, but I'm not sure what this is about. PM me if the answer might be likely to cause offence to anyone.

Mind you there's nothing like the annual rally to split opinion, as Steve H, Boyd, SteveD and I have found to our cost  ::) :)

GC

Furry John

• Global Moderator
« Reply #84 on: November 25, 2009, 05:29:13 PM »
PM me if the answer might be likely to cause offence to anyone.

No I don't think so, I hope not, certainly not at this distance GC, it was meant as a supportive comment to Boyd who took on the organisation at short notice due to all manner of "happenings" earlier and made a bloody good job of it although the end result had a fairly small turnout for an Annual Rally, many people have said to me since that they regretted not going. Just me to Boyd, publicly saying "You did that well despite everything, think again about things"

Furry
Here I go again!!

• Stalwart(TM)
« Reply #85 on: November 29, 2009, 12:56:11 AM »
Replaced the coil on the Bonnie today.

The old one has a Bloody Great Crack in it !
No wonder it gave up the ghost in the pi55ing rain !

Still a great weekend though.

Jethro
Cooey
Martini-Greener GP
Lee Enfield
ELG

Mark

« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2009, 09:59:26 AM »
Replaced the coil on the Bonnie today.

The old one has a Bloody Great Crack in it !
No wonder it gave up the ghost in the pi55ing rain !

Still a great weekend though.

Jethro

Well done BBB, nice to find a problem as easy as that. Wish my SRX was as easy to fix.
There exists a set of people who believe 2>4

guest905

« Reply #87 on: November 29, 2009, 02:40:24 PM »
Are we out again soon? really enjoyed the last one dispite the wet weather.
Mark :)

steveD

• XT660Z Tenere
« Reply #88 on: November 29, 2009, 04:14:11 PM »
Are we out again soon? really enjoyed the last one dispite the wet weather.
Mark :)

Does this mean that you have now got some more adequate camping gera and want to check it before the Dragon????????????? Or just mad as a hatter?
I'm pretty busy at the moment just about to completely refurbish someones bathroom!
I am certainly up for it and don't mind travelling. Does the 'factory' shut down for Xmas? If so how about between that and new year or beginning next year?
(..........and I'll bring my little charcoal burner)

guest905

« Reply #89 on: November 29, 2009, 04:55:43 PM »
Hi Steve, yes i am getting the all weather gear together slowly. Trangia, gortex boot liners, tarp, camo gortex coat and over trousers as well. Have found another brand new tent up the loft that i had forgotten i had bought,so i really want to try that out before the Dragon to see what it is like.

Have bought two army ruck sacks like Simon had as Panniers (and am in the middle of making some brackets for the bike to fit them on.) Have my crap coleman stove on E-bay so some other bugger can see how they get on with it... LOL. Base layer thermals, stuffa bag, bivvy bag are still on the shopping list as well as a poncho.

Yes i get nearly two weeks Holiday at Xmas, so i would be well up for a outing between Xmas and the New Year if there are any other mad buggers willing to come out in the cold..... Hope you get the bathroom sorted mate and see you again soon... (cant get any charcoal around here as it is well out of season, will a bag of coal do??)
Mark :o