Author Topic: Fairing screens  (Read 1880 times)

Richard 003

Re: Fairing screens
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2006, 06:44:24 PM »

There you go problem solved ,and they agree , Richard ..

So is it a CX650 speedo drive or a XBR500 drive or are they the same ?

Sent the photos of the cable ends to your freeserve address last night  .
Hopefully they will answer the drive question .

If you want the cable send me your address and I'll post it ,ASAP.

Email received, looks exactly the same. Thanks. I'll reply to your email now. Cheers

Richard 003

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2006, 10:07:29 PM »
Wouldn't just about any Honda speedo cable fit? Try getting one from a big trailie (Translap, Africa Twin, Dominator, etc.)

As long as the drive end is the same design (held in with a bolt across the groove) then it should fit.

Cheers
GC

Thanks for sending that, xbrmz, that was bloody quick. Much appreciated :-)
There you go problem solved ,and they agree , Richard ..

So is it a CX650 speedo drive or a XBR500 drive or are they the same ?

Sent the photos of the cable ends to your freeserve address last night  .
Hopefully they will answer the drive question .

If you want the cable send me your address and I'll post it ,ASAP.

Ian

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2006, 11:22:50 AM »
It's good to hear you got it OK ,

If I keep getting rid of things at this rate I should have room for another bike by 2020 ?

Hopefully I'll catch up with you at this coming years annual rally ,unless I end up on one of my detours .
Didn't make this years to busy looking at bikes in York ,I'm just to easily distracted .. :)

Richard 003

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2006, 09:56:40 PM »
It's good to hear you got it OK ,

If I keep getting rid of things at this rate I should have room for another bike by 2020 ?

Hopefully I'll catch up with you at this coming years annual rally ,unless I end up on one of my detours .
Didn't make this years to busy looking at bikes in York ,I'm just to easily distracted .. :)

York? when were you in york? Drop by if you're in york

Not only will this speedo cable make my screen experiments more scientific, but it will provide much-needed reassurance - I know which local roads are safe at what speeds on the outfit, and it will be useful to be able to calibrate my entry into what I know to be a 40 mph bend, while remaining on contact with tarmac at all corners ;-)

Richard 003

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2006, 08:59:09 PM »
York? when were you in york? Drop by if you're in york

Not only will this speedo cable make my screen experiments more scientific, but it will provide much-needed reassurance - I know which local roads are safe at what speeds on the outfit, and it will be useful to be able to calibrate my entry into what I know to be a 40 mph bend, while remaining on contact with tarmac at all corners ;-)

Equipped with sppedo cable, I can now tell how fast I'm going, which is useful as I already know which bends round here are too fast on this unballasted outfit ;-) I took the thing to Sherburn and back on Sunday, and have come to the conclusion that the wind from the screen is no worse than when the bike was unfaired, the bike still gets to 60+ quite quickly (barring headwinds), and I can duck down behind the screen anyway, at such elevated speeds. I therefore declare the outfit sorted :-)

Richard 003

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2006, 09:09:24 PM »
Equipped with sppedo cable, I can now tell how fast I'm going, which is useful as I already know which bends round here are too fast on this unballasted outfit ;-)

I should proof-read my posts ;-) What I meant to type was "I already know which bends are too fast at 50 on this unballasted outfit"