Author Topic: NX650 Rev Limiter  (Read 972 times)

guest146

NX650 Rev Limiter
« on: February 25, 2007, 02:14:59 PM »
Does anyone know if the NX650 Domminator has a rev limiter fitted. I have just fitted a Dynojet kit and notice that at full throttle with no load it just gets to a limit (about 8000) and then misses and black smokes. I know you may say its running rich. This was my first thought, but up to that point its crisp. I guess if it has a rev limiter then as it works you will be left with unburnt fuel Hence the black smoke. I do know it was like this before the Dynijet was fitted.

Ken   Lincolnshire

• Stalwart(TM)
Re: NX650 Rev Limiter
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 02:26:15 PM »
Does anyone know if the NX650 Domminator has a rev limiter fitted. I have just fitted a Dynojet kit and notice that at full throttle with no load it just gets to a limit (about 8000) and then misses and black smokes. I know you may say its running rich. This was my first thought, but up to that point its crisp. I guess if it has a rev limiter then as it works you will be left with unburnt fuel Hence the black smoke. I do know it was like this before the Dynijet was fitted.

Ken   Lincolnshire

Yes it does !  Why rev it to 8K ?
Rev limitere work by,in effect,causing a misfire.Hence the unburnt fuel and blak smoke.

Jethro
Cooey
Martini-Greener GP
Lee Enfield
ELG

guest27

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 11:06:47 PM »
Why rev it to 8K

Because you can!

R

hondamichael

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 08:58:10 AM »
hm i think you bought the wrong bike if you like to rev engines
get a baby blade ( honda cbr 250 rr) then you can rev it up to 21000 rpm !!!!