Author Topic: XBR exhausts again  (Read 2066 times)

XBR2471

XBR exhausts again
« on: December 23, 2008, 10:54:11 PM »
Hi I am new to the forum and as usual I am having trouble replacing my XBR silencers  :-[ I have the later single piece type systems but I am sure someone must have worked out if the downpipes can be separated from the silencers and then the complete lot stripped for re-chroming. Am I mad  :-\ or am I looking at an expensive custom stainless system being made or hunting down the rare offside pipe  :'(
Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas to you all.

XBR2471

Re: XBR exhausts again
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 08:55:20 PM »
Motad has said if ten people get together they will produce a run of new exhausts for the XBR. If you are interested in the stainless system let me know so we can get a price and time for ten to be made.

guest7

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2008, 10:31:51 PM »
Count me in, their stainless exhaust was bloody marvellous (although the silencer was chromed steel).

I have a much-abused one hanging in the garage and a nearly new one waiting to go on a bike. The nearly new one cost me £150 on Ebay, but having got 10 years out of my first one I thought it was well worth it.

Not to be confused with the Micron 2-1 exhaust which was just plain nasty

GC

asutto

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 11:20:27 AM »
Hi

I am also interested in one.

I just spoke to someone at Motad and he told me that if he had ten e-mails from people saying that they would be interested in buying an exhaust he would do a run to produce them.

send you're emails to sales@motad.co.uk or go to the site and click on sales http://www.motad.co.uk/contactus.php

guest7

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 09:03:06 PM »
Email sent  ;)
GC

nibby

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 06:23:55 PM »
Count me in also email sent. I definitely want 1 pos 2 systems

crackedhead

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 07:55:29 PM »
I have sent an email as well. No response received yet, or indication of possible cost.

xbruby

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 01:15:35 PM »
Sent my request in  too! We ought to raise this issue in the Chatter forum as I reckon it may get a few more interested?

xbruby

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 01:44:08 PM »
Sent my email via the Motad web site and got a response in about 10 minutes!

pete b

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2009, 08:41:43 PM »
 Hi Im new to the site and xbr 500s but it looks like i have the same problem as many of you, shortage of exhausts.Unfortunatley i cant justify the price of a motad system as the bike is new to me and a completley unknown quantity.what im considering is a second hand micron system but they dont seem very popular. Can anyone explaine why please.my other question is that the internal bore of the honda down pipe is quite small is this essentail or is the motad system a bigger bore.Thanks,great web site.pete b

guest7

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2009, 10:35:01 PM »
I believe the Motad pipes are near enough the same diameter as the standard Honda (internal) pipes.

It's too late for me to go down to the garage to check this out sorry.

GC

guest564

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2009, 09:09:20 PM »
If the downpipes are a bigger bore then I'd be interested, I don't need the silencer though.

guest7

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2009, 11:15:19 AM »
Jst to clarify, the Motad downpipes are small bore. The Honda pipes are doubleskinned (to give the appearance of being large diameter?). The internal pipe diameter (the bit that does the work) is the same for the Motad and the Honda pipes.

The Motad OD is smaller than the Honda OD.

GC

guest295

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2009, 09:26:59 AM »
Normally, you get better gas flow if the downpipe ID is the same as the exhaust port. Going bigger won't go better.

guest564

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2009, 06:59:28 PM »
Normally, you get better gas flow if the downpipe ID is the same as the exhaust port. Going bigger won't go better.

A well tuned XBR needs a bigger exhaust pipe diameter, I currently run an HRC copy 2:1, the downpipes are a much bigger diameter. I need a new setup to meet the latest noise regs, with the stock dia I can't get any top end end power.