Author Topic: srx 600 handle bars & carbs  (Read 2322 times)

nipper32

srx 600 handle bars & carbs
« on: March 04, 2008, 07:17:22 PM »
i was going to fit clip on handlebars just below the top yoke & was wondering if anyone has already done this & is it a comfortable riding position.
also whats the best set of aftermarket carbs at a reasonable price you can buy as i,ve bored bike out to a 620cc
                                                        regards nipper

themoudie

Re: srx 600 handle bars & carbs
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 08:33:20 PM »
Aye nipper32,

SteveL is your man, have a look at his Racing Green bikes and the blue one #4 in the photo gallery.

Regards, Bill.

guest7

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 08:42:44 PM »
Here it is:

Steve Lake

• Dyslexics have more nuf
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 10:14:53 PM »
Hiya......I am that man  ;D

Now..the blue bike (#4 srx) you see has a very nice pair of Thomaselli clipons fitted (I picked them up on Ebay, in germany)

#1 srx (mine)  has a pair of clipons that are a bit clunky, but have a vernier adjustment, which makes it easy to set them up to suit your riding position.

#2 srx, a 400 that I sold to Andy230's mate, had clipons which were just the standard ones, modified......  You do this by removing the lugs that screw into the top yoke....smooth them off and polish them......then slide them onto the forks between the top and bottom yoke......they 'just' clear the headlamp support bracket....and you are limited to position by the brake master cylinder on the right........I also use these on my srx track bike.....the position seems just about right ...for me anyway.

#3 srx, a 600 sold to a plumber mate of mine.....also has modified standard clipons...and he's happy with them....if you want i'll get a pic or 2...

you really need rearsets to go with clipons......

then you'll really find out how good your back is  ;D

Actually, I find, that at 60 mph + your weight on your arms is balanced by wind pressure on your chest.....but bu55er! 15 mins round town sorts out the men from the others

Steve Lake

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 10:31:08 PM »
Missed the carbs bit.......

how much money you got????

nice pair of flat side 36mm carbs on fabricated manifolds do the business but you'll flog your house to keep up the payments.

I use twin 36mm amals on my track bike.....john the plumber uses twin carbs off a bmw (rotax) on fabricated manifolds (cost him 200 quid)....i have twin 34mm dellorto's on my road bike....which is well over 620cc now, with 10.5-1 hight comp piston.... and that goes well enough......but....

the blue bike (#4) is now running at 640cc with high comp piston.... and the standard carbs 'dynojetted' and full flow filter......and it works really well, probably as well as my road bike
so.......'bang per buck' the dynojet kit and air filter (at approx 70 quid) is the route I'd take

Oh...and on my other track bike i run a pair of 34mm amals (picked up at the bmf for 30 quid!) rejetted.......and thats a stonking motor

nipper32

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 03:25:34 PM »
cheers for the info lads , it,ll be a big help

nipper32

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2008, 10:31:44 PM »
steveL you say a standard dynojet kit on origional carbs is it a stage 1 kit or a stage 2 mine is only bored out to 620cc
 and a full flow air filter does that fit into origonal air box or do you mean
 K & N type cone filters that fit straight onto carbs
 i noticed the carbs are a funny set up 1 is a proper carb what does the other one do sorry for sounding daft but these bikes are new to me ??? ???

Steve Lake

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 06:39:42 AM »
The standard carbs are a bluddy nightmare.....but they do work well when clean and set up correctly...I'm not sure what 'stage' the dynojet kit is....but there is only one available, so choice isn't an option. And the upgrade will work fine on your motor.

The carb is indeed a 2 stage affair, the l/h part is sort of butterfly affair, and is in use all the time, the r/h part is vacuum operated, and comes into use once the throttle is opened sufficiently (with the engine running) it is supposed to make the bike more economical and tractable....but I don't really notice a great deal of difference in economy between the standard carb and a pair of twin dellortos...maybe it's because I keep my bikes nailed most of the time ;D

the airfilter can either be a pair of k&n's clipped directly onto the carbs, or k&n also do a freeflow replacement filter for the standard item....the second option is cheaper and A LOT easier to fit.

srx6

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2008, 06:54:52 AM »
If you are looking for rearsets i have just made some new ones that puts the footpeg aprox 100mm back.

Regards
Alan

Steve Lake

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2008, 06:57:49 AM »
Hey alan...they sound good.....can you post a pic?

srx6

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2008, 08:18:42 AM »
Steve
I have the drawing on CAD will try and upload it.

Alan

Steve H

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2008, 09:27:53 AM »
Steve
I have the drawing on CAD will try and upload it.

Alan
Will probabaly only work if exported as JPG or GIF

Steffan

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2008, 12:09:01 PM »
Alan,
Any news on the Skorpion parts? Still awaiting a mailing address for cheque

Cheers
Steffan

srx6

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2008, 12:27:47 PM »
Steffan
Looks like i have deleted the mails.Let me have your address and i will post items as soon as.

Alan

srx6

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2008, 12:38:06 PM »
Steve L
I have found a photo in the projects section.The rearsets are a copy of the ones on Andy,s race bike that i made for him after that spill last year when he put a hole in his foot.See:-Photographs:=Projects:=13th row down,4th photo from the left.

Alan