Author Topic: skorpion pipework  (Read 478 times)

bullet350

skorpion pipework
« on: November 04, 2007, 05:57:56 PM »

i've got the 'new' engine into my friends skorpion, but i'm left with two pipes from the engine not connected to anything.

they both start from the engine between the starter motor and the barrel and are visible from the left of the bike. one pipe is just over 1/4in diamiter and the other just over 1/2in.
i know one goes to the oil tank, most probably the return, but that still leaves one pipe with no where to go.

any ideas?

bullet350

guest27

Re: skorpion pipework
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 06:20:16 PM »
It is part of the YCBK - the Yamaha Colostomy Bag Kit - there were very populat on the pre powervalve RD350s - not just because the owners would buy any go faster goodie, but also because of the constipation freeing effect a tuned one could have.

R

Ian

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 07:18:59 PM »
The breather pipe is the larger diameter ( all most under the starter motor )
It goes to the air box over the carbs ,NOT under or it fills the air box with oil !

The smaller pipe I think is the breather for the oil tank ...

bullet350

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 06:00:25 PM »

on the oil tank behind the rear light there are two inlets/outlets.

am i right in thinking the one closest to the rear light is the return, and the other (slightly higher) is the breather?

also does the pipe from the coolant expansion tank go to the top of the radiator just by the cap?

i've started with a bike with no engine in it, and an engine from another skorpion next to it. together there are probably about a mile of pipes.

thanks for the help so far

bullet350

Ian

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 07:16:43 PM »

on the oil tank behind the rear light there are two inlets/outlets.

am i right in thinking the one closest to the rear light is the return, and the other (slightly higher) is the breather?

also does the pipe from the coolant expansion tank go to the top of the radiator just by the cap?

Yep that all sounds about right ,
If you need to check you've got it right.

The oil return pipe is allen bolted to the engine to the rear / under of the starter motor and fits nearest the tail light.

And the oil tank breather is the closest to the cylinder ,small dia ,and nearest the dip stick..
You might want to replace the coolant pipe as the original ones are total cr@p .