Author Topic: srx600 over running on revs  (Read 1617 times)

martin

srx600 over running on revs
« on: August 21, 2006, 12:33:18 AM »
Hi there everybody. i have just becoe a member of the thumper riders club with a purchase of an '86 srx 600.  have done allthe servicing on her, but the one thing im finding is that sometime wheni come to a stop the revs stay high ( about 2-2.5k) before slowly going down to the idle speed.  does anybody know why this is and if so what i can do about it!

many thanks in advance

Martin

beeman

Re: srx600 over running on revs
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 07:29:12 PM »
Well I'd try the carbs first, check cables are not fouling under the tank etc, espeacally the choke cable and also check the choke mechanism, I had a lot of problems wtih this, traced to sticking/not seating chokeand the cv carb not always returning . good luck.
We all get Heavier as we get Older because there is a lot more information in our heads

Steve H

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 08:57:20 AM »
Leaking inlet manifolds are another possibility, although this would probabaly also cause a rough tickover.

beeman

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 11:59:30 AM »
Thanks steveH I forgot that was also a fault.

Moral of the tale never buy a bike off boyd!
We all get Heavier as we get Older because there is a lot more information in our heads

martin

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 04:56:24 PM »
checked carbs and choke, cant see anything, now i cant get her to work at all (in pools of sweat and blood!!) pulling my hair out!

martin

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 05:51:40 PM »
and now fuel pipe has split! :| to add insult to injury! grrr

mini-thumper

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2006, 07:27:30 AM »
"Moral of the tale never buy a bike off boyd!"

I could take offence, but I've spent the money.

Boyd

beeman

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2006, 09:39:30 PM »
Martin have you solved the problem and got it running.

Where abouts are you if you need a hand,I'm in the south yorks area if it helps you.

martin

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2006, 12:01:25 AM »
still having fun solving the prob! have swapped pipe for coasting enricher - which has helped a bit - but it is still running high revs when it warms up.  idle is set correctly, but still idles high when at working temp. After inspection of the cv carb slide ther is evidence of wear on one side, so i might replace it, see if that works.

still have suspicions its something to do with coasting enricher tho

martin