Author Topic: Can't read my speedo  (Read 299 times)

Itsme

Can't read my speedo
« on: May 19, 2024, 01:02:34 PM »
Hi All

Newzuki the Inazuma has one of those new fangled speedos that doesn't have a decent needle to indicate speed instead relying on them there funny digital number things created by pixie magic. Are they LED or LCD or some such, whatever they are now that the sun graces us with it's presence the have become invisible unless I'm riding in shade. Not great given how many cameras there are to catch those unaware of their speed.

Is there a way to make them more visible in sunlight or is there an alternative which will reliably show up in all weather conditions?

Please help an old man avoid giving away his pension to the police benevolent fund.

Ian

iansoady

Re: Can't read my speedo
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2024, 01:39:32 PM »
When you get to my age son.... you need to wear varifocals. I have been using them for decades and find them very useful for reading things like speedos. Can't help on the brightness front though.
Ian.
1952 Norton ES2
1965 BSA-Suzuki
1992 Yamaha SRV250

kevberlin

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2024, 05:12:24 AM »
Hi All

Newzuki the Inazuma has one of those new fangled speedos that doesn't have a decent needle to indicate speed instead relying on them there funny digital number things created by pixie magic. Are they LED or LCD or some such, whatever they are now that the sun graces us with it's presence the have become invisible unless I'm riding in shade. Not great given how many cameras there are to catch those unaware of their speed.

Is there a way to make them more visible in sunlight or is there an alternative which will reliably show up in all weather conditions?

Please help an old man avoid giving away his pension to the police benevolent fund.

Ian

Ian. I have the same issue on my bmw. Check out Nippy Norman’s BMW website………they show anti glare screen protectors for a few pounds. I’d imagine protectors are readily available elsewhere. I’m going to have a look myself.
Kev
1983 Honda CB250RS
2023 BMW G310GS

Itsme

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2024, 05:17:29 AM »
Thanks Kev I will have a look round at what is available.

Ian

Moto63

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2024, 06:56:25 AM »
Ian... you could always pop on a pair of aviator sunglasses, That would probably help with the glare and you may also have a passing resemblance to Tom Cruise in top gun. Plus you’ll look like one cool cat maaaan 🤟😎

Itsme

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2024, 07:42:08 AM »
Given that Tom Cruise is a tiny man and I'm not the only passing resemblance would be the sunglasses! I like the idea of being coooool maaaaan though as it would be a first for me.

Ian