Author Topic: Ever had........  (Read 781 times)

Itsme

Ever had........
« on: May 03, 2024, 08:40:10 PM »
one of those bikes that just gets under your skin and before you know it turns from being just another bike to one you really love to ride? That's my Suzuki Inazuma aka Newzuki.

When I bought it about 18 months ago it was a panic buy, my GN250 (the Mighty Midget) had become in need of much attention and I needed a bike on the road. When I first rode it the 10 or so miles home it seemed ok, but over the next few months it just became obvious that it was dangerously unstable in the slightest wind and the odd riding position really hurt my knackered shoulder. However I was determined to improve it as the motor was actually very nice.

To cut a long story short after junking the original full fairing and incredibly heavy headlight assembly the handling improved and bar riser/pullbacks sorted most of the riding position. It still gets a bit nervous in windy conditions but not dangerously now and the riding position depends very much on finding the one sweet spot on the seat to be most comfortable but for the most part I find it reliable, sure-footed and fast enough for me.

Given a few more miles (I now have 16500 miles on the clock)  it could easily become an all-time favourite with me.

Ian

iansoady

Re: Ever had........
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2024, 09:01:51 AM »
Glad it's growing on you....
Ian.
1964 Norton Electra
1969 BSA-Suzuki
1992 Yamaha SRV250

Moto63

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2024, 09:54:23 AM »
Great news Ian. Glad the newzuki is starting to warm the cockles of your heart. My only fear is that the MM.........May never see the light of day again 😮🤔
Cheers, Michael

Itsme

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2024, 04:10:45 PM »
Thanks chaps. Michael fear not the MM is the subject of a new plan. My step-son who is a car mechanic has a 15 year old step-son (keep up at the back) who is bike mad. I have taken the MM's frame over for the lad to clean up and paint and will be taking the bits of the engine over for him to reassemble, he's shown quite an aptitude already by stripping the clutch down to fit a new timing chain. I will oversee some of the work and my step-son will be there for him to consult if he gets in a mess so no danger. When the motor is done I will take the rest of the stuff over for him to rebuild the MM. I get the MM back, he gets to learn a lot about mechanics, win win.

Ian

themoudie

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2024, 10:06:24 PM »
Very positive Ian, I hope all goes well for all concerned.

Good health, Bill

Moto63

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2024, 06:58:25 AM »
Nice to know there are still some young guns out there willing and wanting to learn. Most of the yoofs definitely, sadly, get a bad rap nowadays and are all generally put in the same camp when it comes to the discussion of having anything about them. Good luck to the lad I say and I’m sure with both you and your stepson watching over him he’ll learn quite a lot 👍👍
Keep us posted on developments over the coming weeks/months with it Ian. I’ll be interested to see how he gets on with it🤞
Cheers, Michael

Itsme

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2024, 04:22:22 PM »
I couldn't agree more Michael, it is good to remember that not all young people are feckless wasters and Tom, the lad in question, is a very nice young man and deserves a helping hand. Mind you I don't know what they feed modern kids, he's 15 and stands at 6'4", good job he is a nice lad really!

Ian

Moto63

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2024, 09:45:39 AM »
Oh.. yes. I know all about that Ian. Both my two, Joseph who’s just turned 17yrs old is 6ft 5 and Isabel who is 15yrs old stands at 6ft 1. I, at a very average 5ft 10 am dwarfed by the pair of them 🤦???

themoudie

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2024, 08:59:19 AM »
Aye, that's Lancashire air for thee Michael!  ;)  Too much soot int Yorkshire air in your day!  ;)

Good health, Bill

Moto63

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2024, 08:04:26 PM »
Aye, that's Lancashire air for thee Michael!  ;)  Too much soot int Yorkshire air in your day!  ;)

Good health, Bill
🤣🤣🤣.... Aye when I wor a lad I had to climb up inside chimney t clean  it out. 🤦???

CrazyFrog

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2024, 08:20:26 PM »
Really good to hear you've finally gelled with it Ian. Like any relationship, sometimes there's an instant attraction that fades with time, sometimes there's an instant attraction which lasts, and sometimes there's no instant attraction but it builds with time. Blimey, that's pretty profound for a Tuesday evening isn't it? 🤣
2023 Royal Enfield Meteor 350
2021 Honda CB125F