Author Topic: The eagle? has landed  (Read 426 times)

iansoady

The eagle? has landed
« on: March 27, 2024, 09:57:42 AM »
The BSA / Suzuki arrived yesterday brought by the seller as my favoured transport bloke is snowed under at the moment. I have to say it's as good in the metal as the pictures although there are a fair number of things to sort out. All the cables are stiff and notchy - I don't know how people can ride like that?

For some reason the front brake & clutch levers have been transposed but only the work of a few minutes to swap over. I've removed the horrible exhaust heat shield and ordered some stainless sheet to make a nicer one. The footrest arrangement is a bit weird - they're almost "highway pegs" but will try it out before changing them. The bike started readily on the button and the engine sounds very sweet. Apparently it was bought new from CCM and I guess was destined for the SR-40 model. I may drop them a line and see.

All in all I'm pleased with my purchase. I'm treating it as a mini project for the moment.
Ian.
1964 Norton Electra
1969 BSA-Suzuki
1992 Yamaha SRV250

Itsme

Re: The eagle? has landed
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2024, 02:10:03 PM »
Strangely enough Ian I did think when I saw the photos that you posted that the footrests would surely get your attention at some future date, given the standard you usually work to and the quality you achieve. It is a lovely bike and the idea is brilliant; all the style of an older bike but with a much more powerful and reliable motor.

Can't wait to hear what you think of it when you get out and about on it.

Ian

Moto63

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2024, 05:26:14 PM »
Yes. Many congrats on your purchase Ian. Nice to know that at least something good came out of something bad. 👍👍
Cheers, Michael

johnr

• Regular
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2024, 05:41:44 PM »
bsa/suzuki? now im interested! pics please....

Moto63

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2024, 08:08:50 PM »
John. There’s a couple of pics in “oh No” thread that Ian posted a couple of weeks ago 👍

xbally

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2024, 09:24:57 PM »
Best of luck with the new project Ian++ :)
HONDA CB250RSA ROYAL ENFIELD CRUSADER