Author Topic: Thumping again!  (Read 739 times)

CrazyFrog

Thumping again!
« on: November 23, 2023, 02:57:15 PM »
I've finally admitted to myself that try as I might I'm never going gel with my Suzuki GW250 Inazuma. It's a great bike, but too soulless and buzzy for me.

I've just swapped it for this - 6 months old and 670 miles on the clock and near enough £1000 below new price. I got a good Px deal too!

2023 Royal Enfield Meteor 350
2021 Honda CB125F

Moto63

Re: Thumping again!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2023, 04:08:48 PM »
Cracking looking little steed Pete. I think they are a brilliant little bike and not silly money either, not even new but sounds like you did well with your deal... 👍👍
Hopefully you gel with it a bit better than the Suzuki. Here’s to many happy s’miles 🤞
Cheers, Michael

Itsme

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2023, 04:17:53 PM »
That is a lovely bike and I fully understand why you swapped the GW250 for it. As people will be aware I have never got on with mine and in fact may decide to sell it, I'm not decided yet.

A mate of mine has a Meteor which I took for a spin and I really liked it. Nice torquey motor and smooth as well. Hmmm am I talking myself in to something here? Maybe the GW and the GN should both make way for something new......

Ian

Moto63

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2023, 04:28:04 PM »
the GN should both make way for something new......

Ian
NNOOO......NOT the mighty midget. 😮😮🤭

Itsme

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2023, 07:17:30 AM »
Don't worry Michael I went out on the MM after sending that post and all is well as I realised I just couldn't sell it. The Inazuma on the other hand.....

Ian

xbally

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2023, 05:42:18 PM »
I have 2 modern Enfields and both have their  merits : great value, character and excellent on fuel. Lots of options for mods and (so called) improvements.
HONDA CB250RSA HONDA ST70

CrazyFrog

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2023, 08:27:43 PM »
Don't worry Michael I went out on the MM after sending that post and all is well as I realised I just couldn't sell it. The Inazuma on the other hand.....

Ian

Selling a bike usually prompts some emotion from me, such as rarely 'thank God that bloody thing's gone' or more usually a wistfull backwards glance. The Inazuma however already looked like somebody else's bike as soon as I parked it up outside the dealers. I don't mean this as a criticism, it's just that it didn't provoke any sort of emotion from me, in the same way as my dishwasher doesn't. However, if you're just looking for a cheap, efficient way of getting round, it'll probably hit the mark.
2021 Honda CB125F

Moto63

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2023, 01:53:56 PM »

it's just that it didn't provoke any sort of emotion from me, in the same way as my dishwasher doesn't.
[/quote]
🤣🤣brilliantly put. Although I must say being the one person in our house that ALWAYS stacks the dishwasher I feel I would get a tad emotional if it were to be sold 😁🤔
Name withheld to protect the dishwasher SADDO

Itsme

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2023, 04:25:09 PM »
My wife has a brilliant dishwasher and I hope she likes me!

My Inazuma has everything I am looking for...........in a car. For me a car is just transport and should be reliable and just do its job. Our Kia Ceed is just great, it is comfortable, quick enough and has gone through its last 5 MOTs with no advisories and no failures. Perfect.

A bike however needs to make me smile just at the thought of going for a ride and the Inazuma doesn't. Just like you Pete I don't feel attached to it and could replace it with any number of modern bikes that would feel very similar. Stupid I know but a bike needs to be more involving than a car for me,

Ian

andy230

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2023, 10:34:19 PM »
Lovely, that is certainly a nice thing!

Andy

Ian

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2023, 10:51:37 PM »
Hi Pete, I have ridden a couple of these and I think the J series engine is a real gem. Probably one of the smoothest single cylinder engines made. I'm sure you will love it. Was it from QB bikes?
1 Speed400 1 C400X -2 thumpers

CrazyFrog

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2023, 06:55:34 AM »
Hi Ian, thanks. The bike was from Blade Honda, just down the road from me in Stratford Upon Avon.
2021 Honda CB125F