Author Topic: Rex.....or Ruby?  (Read 629 times)

Steve Lake

• Dyslexics have more nuf
Re: Rex.....or Ruby?
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2023, 04:51:15 PM »
Twelve grand!!  ...  hells bells !! etc. i paid a 20th of that for my #10 srx, and i expect to pay about a grand by the time i have got it how i like it. .... there's a lot of things i could spend 12K on, non of it to do with bikes .... certainly not a rather heavy underpowered 'rex' or 'ruby'

iansoady

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2023, 08:59:54 AM »
Totally agree, but as they say there's one born every minute. Judging by the lunacy we see every day prospective punters are probably queuing out of the door.
Ian.
1952 Norton ES2
1986 Honda XBR500
1958(ish) Grumph.....

Ian

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2023, 04:31:21 PM »
Wow, I didn't expect those sort of reactions. I just thought TCers would be interested in new thumpers that were becoming available
1 SRX 1 C400X -2 thumpers

Moto63

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2023, 04:42:18 PM »
Wow, I didn't expect those sort of reactions. I just thought TCers would be interested in new thumpers that were becoming available
As we are Ian and thanks for posting the original link up. For me personally it just seems they are looking at competing with the likes of CCM, similar looking bike, very similar price bracket and as I’ve said before 12 mucho grando was defo to much for the CCM but hey one lives and learns.
Please do continue to post up anymore links that you get. 👍
Cheers, Michael

themoudie

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2023, 09:06:26 PM »
Aye Ian, you getting "sensitive", or a bit PC?  ;)  As Michael suggests, keep posting these new thumper links, if nowt else the Thumper Club will give it the once over and pronounce, even if it is a load of tosh!  ;)

Good health and have a good show, Bill

iansoady

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2023, 08:52:16 AM »
Just goes to show what a varied - although small and select - group we have here. One man's meat etc. Probably some would hate my "tarted up" XBR.......
Ian.
1952 Norton ES2
1986 Honda XBR500
1958(ish) Grumph.....

xbally

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2023, 09:26:03 AM »
I would think these bikes are aimed at new and younger affluent riders who want / need to be seen as "trendy" and "with it" or born agains who have plenty of disposable capital but not much common sense or again who want to appear as fashionable. I suspect most if not all on this forum are like me-don't have or want to spend such a vast sum of wedge on an untried and untested machine and have too much knowledge of older bikes which will fit the bill for considerably less cost and are not in the least bothered about the latest fashions. Good luck to them if they can produce a reasonable product but at that price even if I could  I won't be going near them after Michael's experience with the CCM which is an established marque. Maybe Henry Cole will be roadtesting one if there's a new series of the "Moerbike Show" man...... I think this "sled" may appeal to him and some of the current London  biker cult types. Not that I have anything against HC who I've come to appreciate over the years for his positive portrayal of our hobby / lifestyle.
HONDA CB250RSA ROYAL ENFIELD CONTINENTAL GT535

Steve Lake

• Dyslexics have more nuf
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2023, 01:19:05 PM »
dinna take a fence (or a gate) Ian, we love any and all posts on here as you know, and our comments are about the rex & ruby and have no reflection on you mate.

and you're right, our old thumpers reflect what we ourselves like in the way of our biking 'fix' . i'm sure there will be many out there who don't particularly like the way i trick up my SRX's... and that's fine ... 'cos it's mine,  not theirs lol.

pip pip