Author Topic: There's a new thumpette on the way.  (Read 687 times)

iansoady

Re: There's a new thumpette on the way.
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2023, 10:28:08 AM »
Oh, that's a shame but better to find out now. I wouldn't dismiss ebay but you do have to be careful. I've had a couple of good experiences recently with facebook marketplace but again caveat (very much) emptor.

Interestingly I had a similar experience when I nearly bought an XBR from a dealer in Dundee but this time it was the fork seals he was waiting for. A Honda main dealer waiting for fork seals for a very common fork type? Made me very suspicious but fortunately they refunded my deposit with no quibble. Incidentally they still seem to have the Honda for sale.
Ian.
1952 Norton ES2
1986 Honda XBR500
1958(ish) Grumph.....

Moto63

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2023, 11:19:49 AM »
Crying shame Ian. I share your frustration/anger. Dire service but sadly as you say, seems to be in large, the norm nowadays 😡
Keep looking I’m sure another decent bike will turn up, as I always say. “Where there’s one, there’s always another”

CrazyFrog

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2023, 06:30:33 PM »
Sorry to hear that Ian. Don't give up though, I'm sure something will turn up. I must admit, I tend too avoid buying unseen anymore. It just takes a bit of patience to wait for the right bike to turn up that's less than an hours ride away. I like to meet the seller in person as well as seeing the bike, and at least hearing it run if not going for a quick spin.
2023 Royal Enfield Meteor 350
2021 Honda CB125F

Itsme

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2023, 07:37:17 AM »
Thank you gentlemen all for your kind words. I am over my initial frustration now, though still fed up with the modern world. I must redress the balance of my comment about Wemoto in the interest of fair play and decency. When I couldn't get through on the phone I used their contact form to send an enquiry, then I posted on TC. By the time I had finished ranting to you poor souls I had had a reply from a nice man called Liam at Wemoto being very helpful so they're off the naughty list.

Ian