Author Topic: There's a new thumpette on the way.  (Read 685 times)

Itsme

There's a new thumpette on the way.
« on: January 01, 2023, 12:31:52 PM »
Hi Thumperteers

Quite out of the blue the other day my wife said, 'you need another bike to go with the Mighty Midget cos it needs work all the time, why don't you buy something off eBay?' Not one to look a gift horse etc I have a Honda CBF250 on the way next week from a very nice man who runs Harry's Motorcycles in Keighly.

Less than 1500 quid, bomb-proof, economical and with more power and oil tightness than the MM. Result.

Of course this now means I have a Mighty Midget just crying out to be a lightweight, green lane special!

Ian

iansoady

Re: There's a new thumpette on the way.
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2023, 12:37:24 PM »
Good luck with it Ian. Obviously your wife is understanding and supportive as is mine.
Ian.
1952 Norton ES2
1986 Honda XBR500
1958(ish) Grumph.....

mthee

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2023, 01:19:41 PM »
That's  your 2023 off to a flying start! Well played that missus! 👏👍
Fear of the unknown does not mean the unknown needs to be feared

kevberlin

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2023, 01:26:49 PM »
Enjoy your new bike.
Bought one for my son some years back.
A belting little thumper and a good looker too
Kev
1983 Honda CB250RS
2023 BMW G310GS

Itsme

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2023, 01:32:25 PM »
Thank you all for your good wishes. Yes my wife is a treasure!

Ian

CrazyFrog

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2023, 08:49:25 PM »
Great news Ian! It was pretty much a choice between one of these and an Inazuma when I sold the Jawa last year. Good luck with it...
2023 Royal Enfield Meteor 350
2021 Honda CB125F

Itsme

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2023, 09:53:17 PM »
Cheers Pete.

Funnily enough I looked at the Inazuma too as I think they are very well thought of. I don't really know what swayed it the Honda way other than price as the one I have bought was slightly cheaper than the Inazumas I looked at.

Ian

Moto63

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2023, 11:48:20 AM »
Ian do you mean kieghley in west yarkshaa? If so not a million miles from where I now reside. (Used to live just round the corner in Haworth, Bronte land) but moved to the dark side ...Lancashire for love😜. Anyway if you are heading to kieghley and have time to meet up for a quick brew let me know and I’ll see if I’m free. (To coin a phrase)
Cheers, Michael

spooky

• Sunny Dumfries
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2023, 12:44:14 PM »
GN250 as green laner ? Indeed, did I give you the small front sprocket when you got my gun ? Makes a huge difference, front wheel conversion to 21” worked but wasn’t goid for hard braking, I had trouble fitting a torque arm that was substantial enough, I still have the two pieces of front pipes that were going to be the high level  mid
Classic efi squadron blue, CG125, Terrot 125, CM200 sprinter,

Itsme

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2023, 07:00:27 PM »
Hi Michael and Rufus

I do indeed mean Keighly in God's own county and would have loved to meet up Michael, but the dealer selling the Honda very kindly offered to deliver it. When the weather gets a bit better though we shall have that cuppa for sure.

Rufus - I can't recall a smaller sprocket but its good to know that it is a benefit. If you still have the project front pipes perhaps a wee purchase could be arranged?

Ian

Moto63

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2023, 08:06:40 AM »
Hi Michael
When the weather gets a bit better though we shall have that cuppa for sure

Ian
Yes, Now our house build is almost complete, 2023 is the year of me being able to get out on the bike and get some serious mileage done I hope. So defo make a point of meeting up somewhere for that brew👍
Do you mind me asking which dealership in kieghley it is. Is it Appleyards?
Cheers, Michael

Itsme

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2023, 09:41:19 AM »
Hi Michael

Its a place called Harry's Motorcycles run by a bloke called Andrew! I just found it on eBay, sounds like a nice chap when I speak to him on the phone.

Good news about the house being more finished and certainly will look forward to a cuppa or two in God's Own County this year.

Ian

Moto63

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2023, 08:44:38 AM »
To be honest Ian, I’d never even heard of the CBF250 so had to google one. Lovely little thing.
How long till you take delivery?

Itsme

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2023, 06:35:30 PM »
Hi Michael

The dealer is dropping the bike off on Saturday and I am very excited of course. Can't wait to get out there and see how it compares to the Mighty Midget.

Ian

Itsme

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2023, 09:48:44 AM »
Hi Fellow Thumperteers

After waiting for 10 days for the new bike to be delivered I got a phone call from the Dealer this morning saying the choke isn't working. I asked for a refund which he agreed to straight away which tells me he's dodgy. Don't deal with Harry's Motorcycles in Keighly.

On a general note I won't be buying from eBay again as this sort of shit service seems to be the norm.

Very disappointed I have to say but at least I still have the Mighty Midget once I have fitted a new timing chain and put the motor back in the frame.

Not a great start to the weekend.

Ian