Author Topic: Annual Rally 2023?  (Read 1078 times)

Itsme

Annual Rally 2023?
« on: November 11, 2022, 02:23:44 PM »
Hi Thumpeteers

Anyone know if we are planning an annual rally for next year? I have a really crap track-record for organisation, but I just wondered what people think. It would be nice to get together again as it is always a laugh where TC members and guests get together.

Ian

johnr

• Regular
Re: Annual Rally 2023?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2022, 12:43:44 AM »
ive been in the katana club since it started, every spring we held an annual rally in manchester, but a few years ago someone had the bright idea of holding our annual rally at someone elses rally, so now we all go to the nabd rally at knutsford, it costs us about 25 quid each but then we dont have to book a site a band a bar toilets generators or any of the myriad of other things involved in a rally, then on sunday, you just all go back home, no breaking down the site or faffing round. it worked so well that weve been doing it now for 5 years. worth thinking about.

Itsme

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2022, 08:01:21 AM »
Hi John

I've never thought of that option before, but it does make sense. I know the VMCC join with the scooter people for race weekends as it splits costs for everyone.

The Harley Riders Club GB do a cracking rally at the Kirkby Lonsdale Rugby Club in July which I have attended a couple of times. Really nice group of people and none of the type who just have an HD for show. Also there must be other clubs people know about who would be compatible with TC bikes and people.

A bit of exploring gets my vote.

Ian

CrazyFrog

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2022, 08:49:02 AM »
I think Steve D invited all us thumpers to his Ecky Thump rally in September didn't he? I didn't go because I was in Italy with Mrs Frog at the time. I don't know if any thumpers went?

I'd be happy to organise a camp site again, just need some idea of dates that suite people and possible locations. Maybe Dent again?
2023 Royal Enfield Meteor 350
2021 Honda CB125F

Itsme

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2022, 06:58:05 AM »
Hi Pete

I'd forgotten about Steve D's offer so thanks for the reminder. Thanks also for offering to book a campsite, very generous. Speaking for myself Dent would be good and any date when we might just get a bit of warm, dry weather suits me.

Thanks.

Ian

johnr

• Regular
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2023, 07:56:57 PM »
ok, so nabd rally is in may and this is going to be the very last youve been nabbed rally. in future theyre looking at smaller and easier to run events. but if youve not been before, you will NEVER go to a better value event.
two marquees, bands, comedy tent, strippers and a cheaper than the pubs real ale draught bar. custom show, trade stalls food etc etc and it supports nabd which is a charity that anybody on a bike should be helping out when they can. 35 quid a ticket will be a great weekend for anybody who loves bikes. im going anyway whether anybody else fancies it, ill be there if you fancy meeeting for a pint!

Itsme

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2023, 10:00:54 AM »
Now that sounds like a good rally to head for. I presume John that information etc will be on NABD website?

Ian

Strippers! Really? It is 2023. Oh hang on do you mean my bike will be taken apart?

mthee

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2023, 09:48:20 PM »
. Oh hang on do you mean my bike will be taken apart?
You get close enough  to the stage, Ian, and it could be you who gets taken apart  ;D
Fear of the unknown does not mean the unknown needs to be feared

Itsme

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2023, 01:58:14 PM »
Oooo now I'm feeling a frisson of excitement. Could be fatal for a man of my age.

Ian

johnr

• Regular
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2023, 10:25:15 PM »
Now that sounds like a good rally to head for. I presume John that information etc will be on NABD website?

Ian

Strippers! Really? It is 2023. Oh hang on do you mean my bike will be taken apart?

yes, although it has to be said, in the past theyve had strippers of both sex! comedy show is worth the ticket price on its own and you can beat a bar selling top class real ales from the keg at 3 quid ish a pint. its the best value bike rally ive ever been to. bar none. im going anyhow with the kat club, and we all camp together as a club. its a great rally, and as its the bank holiday weekend, its gonna be a good one.