Author Topic: Well I didn't expect that!  (Read 924 times)

Moto63

Re: Well I didn't expect that!
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2022, 07:55:41 PM »
Evening Ian, not sure if you remember our mate Robert who went out with us when you came up in your Enfield. (Cracking run out that by the way, thoroughly enjoyed it👍) well he used aliexpress a couple of time but the items he bought both time were complete junk 👎
Personally I wouldn’t buy anything from them on the strength of what he received through the post.
Cheers, Michael

Itsme

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2022, 05:31:10 AM »
Hi Michael

I do indeed remember Robert and that ride out, which as you say was a really good day. We must try harder next year to have another gathering as I found your riding mates to be a great group of blokes.

Thanks also for the information I think on balance I will avoid Aliexpress. My wife had problems with her Nissan X Trail a few years ago and the garage my son was working at bought a Chinese turbo which turned out to be faulty and the place they bought it from just didn't want to know. As the old adage says 'buy cheap buy twice'.

I don't have to rush as my wife's friend said I can hang on to her Lexmoto 125 as long as I like. Very generous and it is a hoot to ride being a lot quieter and more civilised than the MM. I suppose it qualifies as a Thumpette!

Spartacian the cautious.

Itsme

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2022, 10:09:04 AM »
Things change all the time in my world! I have ordered a new exhaust for the MM from thebay as it seemed to be the only sensible course of action.

Should arrive by Wednesday then I will be back to normal...........so to speak.

For what it is worth the Lexmoto is quiet, but bloody awful. No torque, no power and not nice to ride at all. I went to my daughter's on it yesterday which is 15 miles away along a fairly straight and flat A road with a 50mph limit and I had to keep going up and down the gearbox to try to keep going even at 40.

Think D1 Bantam for those old enough to remember or CZ 125!

Ian

themoudie

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2022, 02:50:38 PM »
OH! Deep joy! My first venture on two wheels (D1) and cost £5, with the "small bits" in a tea chest!  ::)

Good health, Bill

Itsme

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2022, 08:37:29 AM »
OH! Deep joy! My first venture on two wheels (D1) and cost £5, with the "small bits" in a tea chest!  ::)

Good health, Bill

Tiger Cub for me and I still have a soft spot for them!

Ian

Had a few CZ 125s as well, not such a soft spot for them though!

iansoady

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2022, 09:41:00 AM »
My first was a Francis Barnett Plover with all of 150cc. It happily took me to various power stations in the North East when I was a technical apprentice with the CEGB. Rose-tinted googles led my to by a FB Cruiser and restore it last year but that was another of my misadventures!
Ian.
1952 Norton ES2
1986 Honda XBR500
1958(ish) Grumph.....

spooky

• Sunny Dumfries
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2022, 11:18:30 AM »
First two wheeler was a Vespa for a year and then a Velo 350 MAC...
Classic efi squadron blue, CG125, Terrot 125, CM200 sprinter,