Author Topic: Lovely day out  (Read 435 times)

Itsme

Lovely day out
« on: July 26, 2022, 08:23:29 AM »
Hi all.

I had a lovely ride out on Sunday with a mate of mine around Derbyshire/Yorkshire beginning in Wirksworth where he lives and going to a place called Meltham for a cuppa. No piccies I'm afraid but just a couple of things I saw.

There were two reservoirs we passed and both looked like muddy puddles rather than the usual lakes. A bit worrying.

When we got back to Monsall Head for a cuppa there was a Trident/Rocket 3 club ride going past, man are they beautiful. I had chance to ride a T160 back in the day which belonged to a mate of mine and I thought it was a lovely bike. It was so good to see so many, about 30 in total, out and about and being exercised. There was a mix of T150s, T160s, Rocket 3s and even a couple of Hurricanes. Amongst them all was a Laverda twin as well. Brilliant sight and just part of a perfect day.

Apart from getting stung near a very tender part of my body by a trapped bee when going through the Chatsworth estate. Ooooo very nasty!

Ian

richardeblack

Re: Lovely day out
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2022, 01:52:14 PM »
I've got a nasty feeling I pressed the report to moderator button rather than reply! Sorry, don't know what to do about that.
Anyway, reason for answering was that I had a T150 in 70 which I loved and how I survived it I don't know but then had a T160 from 76 to 93. Fab bike and really wanted another. Bought a doer upper about 3 years ago and could barely move it round the garage. Sold it without finishing it to a nice chap in Scotland who is pleased with it.
I just hope I can cope with my T150V which is next project and my original T150 which I sold to a friend in 1971 and he wants to sell it back to me!
I still suspect my XBR will be my main ride.
I do hope your tender parts have recovered. Ian.
Hopefully see you in October
Cheers
Richard

Itsme

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2022, 08:07:45 AM »
Ha ha, did you report me because I said tender parts or because I like Tridents? No worries Richard I don't think it is a disaster.

I think the early T150 with the black and gold large tank is one of the nicest bikes ever produced, something about it just captivated me from the first time I saw one. There can be few British bikes that sound as good on a race track either.

T150 or XBR for a ride out. Tough choice so I would just go for two rides instead!

Ian

richardeblack

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2022, 03:27:37 PM »
Actually it is using my phone and having clumsy fingers!
Yes my T150V is the gold and black tank. After the Bonny it is next in order unless I get my old one back. It is the Olympic Flame and silver paint job. This was what mine looked like in the dealers
 https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1970-triumph-trident-t150 and, on a lunchtime walk over to the bike shop, saw it and decided I had to hock myself up to my eyeballs to have it. Amazing for a 16 year old. I was very lucky but couldn't afford to keep it as the 25mpg and voracious appetite for tyres and chains meant I soon had to sell it. Probably for the best as I was completely insane on it.
Happy days.
Richard