Author Topic: Watch your peddle straps Gentlemen!  (Read 574 times)

themoudie

Watch your peddle straps Gentlemen!
« on: June 18, 2022, 08:05:08 PM »
A quote from the latest news from America on the BBC!  :o :o :o :o :o

"US President Joe Biden fell off his bike as he was trying to get off it, after a ride near his beach home in the US state of Delaware.

The 79-year-old leader got back to his feet and proceeded to talk with members of the public.

He said he did not hurt himself, according to the Associated Press. He said his foot had been caught in the pedal strap"

You are not alone!  ;D

Good health, Bill

Steve Lake

• Dyslexics have more nuf
Re: Watch your peddle straps Gentlemen!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2022, 04:12:34 PM »
been there.... done that ..... many times
and it don't get any better with the 'spd' or 'look' cleats

CrazyFrog

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2022, 08:19:13 AM »
Yep, I've done this many times in the past, usually after a couple of libations!

These days my favourite trick is to fit new SPD pedals, but forget to adjust the spring tension. The end result is that the 1st junction you get to, you stop, struggle vainly to remove your foot from the pedal and then down you go. Why is it there always seems to be a crowd of people around when you do stupid things too? 🤣
2023 Royal Enfield Meteor 350
2021 Honda CB125F

SteveC#222

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2022, 09:22:45 PM »
Yep, I've done this many times in the past, usually after a couple of libations!

These days my favourite trick is to fit new SPD pedals, but forget to adjust the spring tension. The end result is that the 1st junction you get to, you stop, struggle vainly to remove your foot from the pedal and then down you go. Why is it there always seems to be a crowd of people around when you do stupid things too? 🤣

On a slight tangent- Some years ago I had a Suzuki SP370 lovely bike, no decompressor. To start it you prodded the kicker over until a cross headed bolt  in a clear window in the cam cover then let the kicker up jump into the air , decend with gusto onto said kicker and engine went 'whump' and started. EXCEPT that sometimes after above proceedure when you landed on said kicker  sod all happened, it didn't move and you and bike both decended gracefully into a heapled crump on the ground  ALWAYS in front of all you mates!!
Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

CrazyFrog

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2022, 09:26:32 AM »
I once saw a guy tossed over the handlebars of his Ducati 900ss MHR like a rag doll when trying to start it. It was outside a crowded pub in Chipping Norton and he had all the kit - red white and green racing leathers and helmet, and shades... 🤣🤣🤣
2023 Royal Enfield Meteor 350
2021 Honda CB125F

mthee

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2022, 01:12:42 PM »

Here's  a crowd-puller!

Fear of the unknown does not mean the unknown needs to be feared

Steve Lake

• Dyslexics have more nuf
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2022, 02:31:28 PM »
Why is it there always seems to be a crowd of people around when you do stupid things too? 🤣

it's the same crowd that gathers to watch as you kick start your SRX when leaving the caff, and of course, your wonderful thumper, that usually fires up at first prod reluctantly comes to life just as you're losing the will to live ;-)