Author Topic: Not on the menu  (Read 802 times)

Moto63

Not on the menu
« on: May 07, 2022, 06:27:12 PM »
My mate told me the other day, how he’d come home from work the other evening and his wife was doing a fry up in the kitchen. He went in and sat down at the table waiting for his meal to be served up. His wife then popped the plate down in front of him and it had one of his socks on it that she’d been frying. He took one look at it and said “what’s this?” To which she replied “it’s what you asked me to do for you when you came home from the pub drunk” he replied saying ‘I don’t remember asking you to cook my sock” 😉

mthee

Re: Not on the menu
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2022, 07:40:23 PM »
A joke with a northern accent - well played, taxi cancelled!😃
Fear of the unknown does not mean the unknown needs to be feared

Itsme

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2022, 07:17:58 AM »
Oooo echoes of that old postcard 'No nurse I said prick his boil'. You may remember the picture of a man screaming in agony as a young and very buxom nurse had her hands under the bedsheets.

Spartacian

Moto63

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2022, 11:24:09 AM »
Being a young sprite of a lad I can’t say I’ve ever seen that one. I can picture it in my head tho.🤣🤣💉

Itsme

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2022, 05:42:44 AM »
Being a young sprite of a lad I can’t say I’ve ever seen that one. I can picture it in my head tho.🤣🤣💉

Interesting you should say that Michael as on a recent episode of Dickinson's Real Deal (stop laughing, I like it) a bloke took in about 300 old seaside postcards and they showed a great stack of them that they couldn't allow to be seen on telly! When I were a lad (pretend Yorkshire accent) my mum and dad used to stand laughing at the post cards with me and my brother and sister. I don't think the world has changed for the better.

Spartacian

Moto63

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2022, 09:26:55 AM »

my mum and dad used to stand laughing at the post cards with me and my brother and sister. I don't think the world has changed for the better.

Spartacian
[/quote]
Even though I am only a young sprite of a lad Ian,,, oops sorry Spartacian. I couldn’t agree more.
I believe the late great Ronnie Barker had hundreds of “saucy” postcards in a collection he had, apparently he used to get inspired to write some of his sketches after looking at them. Brilliant 👍
Cheers, Michael