Author Topic: Beeza gold star  (Read 477 times)

Moto63

Beeza gold star
« on: January 18, 2022, 08:31:34 AM »
Morning all, there’s a write up and lots of pictures of the new Beeza gold star on “return of the cafe racer “ site for anyone that fancies a look 👀
Cheers, Michael

mthee

Re: Beeza gold star
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2022, 07:51:36 PM »
https://www.returnofthecaferacers.com/bsa-motorcycles-cafe-racer/2022-bsa-goldstar-650/

Please get on your drawing board and "lose" the radiator 🙏
Fear of the unknown does not mean the unknown needs to be feared

Moto63

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2022, 08:01:30 AM »
Thanks for posting the link up Matt 👍

Ian

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2022, 08:51:49 PM »
https://www.returnofthecaferacers.com/bsa-motorcycles-cafe-racer/2022-bsa-goldstar-650/

Please get on your drawing board and "lose" the radiator 🙏

Matt, I asked about the size of the cooling radiator at the show. One of the representatives explained that getting Euro5 acceptance for the single cylinder engine makes them run hotter with the resultant size rad. He also stated  that they were working on a solution to reduce it or a different shape with the same cooling capacity.
Ian 👍
1 SRX 1 C400X -2 thumpers

Itsme

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2022, 08:13:41 AM »
Hi

I get a bit confused about, well most things really, but especially Euro ratings. The new Enfield Himalayas and the Meteor range are Euro 5 but they are air-cooled so how does that work? Is it under a certain capacity or some other reason they get away with not being stifled by water-cooling?

I too think the radiator on the new Gold Star ruins what would otherwise be a very nice bike and although I can't see me ever affording one I hope they can find a solution.

Spartacian

Mutt

• XBR500
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2022, 01:51:10 PM »
Depending on the finalised in shop price when it is available, despite the Euro Emmission radiator, I may be in the queue to buy one even though it will mean my much loved XBR might have to find a new home for it to happen :(

Regards, Clive.
Remember to never lose sight of reality: If it looks like a duck, it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck... that duck is NOT an elephant!