Author Topic: Change Of Plan  (Read 414 times)

xbally

Change Of Plan
« on: January 08, 2022, 10:50:18 AM »
I've just sold my XBR and bought this..........
HONDA CB250RSA ROYAL ENFIELD CONTINENTAL GT535

spooky

• Sunny Dumfries
Re: Change Of Plan
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2022, 11:07:57 AM »
Thats very nice, I tried one before i got my classic but footrests were too high for my hip comfort,  enjoy...
Classic efi squadron blue, CG125, Terrot 125, CM200 sprinter,

xbally

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2022, 11:57:55 AM »
Yes thanks. I've always liked them since they were introduced. I had a 2009EFI at the time which I enjoyed having changed from a Bullet Electra before. The 535 I've bought has a bar conversion like my XBR so I hope it will fit me OK.

mthee

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2022, 12:13:26 PM »
Changing bikes so fast, your signature strip can't keep pace! I look forward to a lengthy ride report when circumstances allow. 👍😎😁
Fear of the unknown does not mean the unknown needs to be feared

xbally

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2022, 12:49:42 PM »
Changing bikes so fast, your signature strip can't keep pace! I look forward to a lengthy ride report when circumstances allow. 👍😎😁

Yes I have had another bike change as well since I last altered my settings on here-well one or two bikes have been moved on since...or more....! I do like to chop and change. I still like the XBR's but after 5 of them I thought I would get a different thumper-at least I can still validly post on here....! I enjoyed my early RE EFI so I thought I would look for a Continental 535 and this one came up at the right time and importantly the right price. I plan to put this on the road at the beginning or end of March. Have a bit of fettling to do until then...........

Moto63

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2022, 04:30:11 PM »
Top stuff Martin, never ridden one but always liked the look of them and seen a couple out and about over the years.  However things just won’t be the same on the TC site..... XBALLY without an XBR. It’s just NOT right 😁😉👍. However I still Hope you like the new steed when you finally get it on the road, as Matt says, look forward to hearing what you think about it.
Cheers, Michael

xbally

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2022, 06:09:55 PM »
Well I've still got my XBR at the moment-I agreed with the buyer to get it a new MOT but this can't be done until Wednesday. Fingers crossed it will pass. It's been an extremely reliable bike although I've only done about 1000 miles pa on it each of the 5 years I've owned this one. It has been my go to daily rider though.Some may remember when I bought it, it had a new MOT but when I was checking it over I found the swing arm to be severely corroded and  IMHO a dangerous condition. Fortunately I had a spare in my stock which was easily fitted and apart from a few age related issues it's been as good as gold. Putting on Matt's super-clean tank and side panels perked up the appearance no end. I managed to get a matching front mudguard from QB M C'cles ( a local RE dealer now) and job was a good 'un as GM says! The RE is coming up nearly like new now after more fettling as it's too cold for me to ride at the moment.