Author Topic: Slightly off topic.....NORTON  (Read 353 times)

Moto63

Slightly off topic.....NORTON
« on: January 06, 2022, 08:16:00 AM »
For anyone that’s interested there’s a write up plus a few pics of the new NORTON cafe racer over on “return of the cafe racer” site
Cheers ...Michael

Itsme

Re: Slightly off topic.....NORTON
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2022, 07:49:12 AM »
I watched a Youtube video pf a man having a tour around the new Norton factory with interviews with the CEO and other staff. The factory was clearly state-of-the-art but also seemed peculiarly empty. Norton are pulling on their history and heritage and kept taking about quality and processes and lots of other modern jargon, but didn't really mention bikes. Units or products yes, bikes no. I got the impression they could have been producing food mixers or televisions and they would have been just as happy.

I suppose the Norton name is tainted by Stuart Garner but for me just throwing money and jargon at it won't cure things, in my opinion they need passion for bikes and a bike that more people can afford if they want to become credible again. In these days of the internal combustion engine being increasingly cast as evil another massively over-powered sports bike seems like suicide to me. Why not use their Indian/Chinese heritage and give us a good old thumper of about 500cc that does 100mpg?

Still what do I know? I don't even use abbreviations like IMO in posts so I'm clearly out of step with 21st century values.

Spartacian

Moto63

Re: Slightly off topic.....NORTON
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2022, 09:28:16 AM »
In these days of the internal combustion engine being increasingly cast as evil another massively over-powered sports bike seems like suicide to me. Why not use their Indian/Chinese heritage and give us a good old thumper of about 500cc that does 100mpg?

Spartacian
I couldn’t agree more Ian.... sorry Spartacian😉