Author Topic: Interesting reading.  (Read 1154 times)

Ian

Re: Interesting reading.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2021, 08:50:26 PM »
I think it's more than interesting reading. You couldn't actually make this up even using a celebrated  crime novelist/author.
I can fully understand the owner wanting to get his money back from this fiasco..... but in the words from a famous TV prog... "I'm out".
1 SRX 1 C400X -2 thumpers

kevberlin

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2021, 06:21:37 AM »
………….and there I was fretting because I had to pay through the nose to get my hands on four (very hard to find) Cush bushes for my Cb250rs 😂😂😂
1983 Honda CB250RS
2023 BMW G310GS

xbally

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2021, 10:08:13 AM »
That is a such a terrible tale.
It's a shame that such a great looking bike is the subject of so much dodgy dealing and the saga goes on and on.
I really feel for the true bikers who have been caught up in the very messy wrangle. Not so much for the get rich quick investors who can probably stand their losses anyway.
HONDA CB250RSA ROYAL ENFIELD CONTINENTAL GT535

iansoady

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2021, 12:02:02 PM »
The current owners do seem a bit more committed to making bikes rather than money but let's see. Outside my price / interest range anyway.
Ian.
1952 Norton ES2
1986 Honda XBR500
1958(ish) Grumph.....

mthee

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2021, 01:56:50 PM »
Very interesting, thanks for posting.
The seller has even managed some humour through his sense of chagrin;

"Should the bike sell then it will come with

A complimentary STOP RIDE Notice therefore this bike cannot be ridden safely (thanks Norton)"
Fear of the unknown does not mean the unknown needs to be feared

xbally

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2021, 05:27:58 PM »
I think he is being remarkably restrained given the whole debacle. I know if I could have afforded (or wanted) one I would be exceedingly angry - to say the least.

CrazyFrog

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2021, 08:42:19 PM »
Makes the brake caliper recall on my Himalayan look a bit tame doesn't it?

Tbh, I don't think the recall could have been any better handled. I had a letter from R.E. and called the dealers (Quarry Bank Motorcycles) a couple of days later. They said all their current stock of calipers was already spoken for and they'd call me when the had some more in. Blow me down with a feather, they actually did! It's so rare for any company to actually do their job properly these days that it really stands out when somebody does. I took it in last Tuesday, and they told me they'd send me a text in about an hour when it was done, and they did that too.

I had to go and sit down in a dark room when I got home, to recover from the shock of it all...
2023 Royal Enfield Meteor 350
2021 Honda CB125F

Moto63

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2021, 08:56:45 PM »
It's so rare for any company to actually do their job properly these days that it really stands out when somebody does. I took it in last Tuesday, and they told me they'd send me a text in about an hour when it was done, and they did that too.

I had to go and sit down in a dark room when I got home, to recover from the shock of it all...
yes and fair play to you for giving them a shout out.
🤣🤣...the last bit made me chuckle
Cheers, Michael

Itsme

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2021, 09:08:37 AM »
I can't imagine the frustration this poor man must have suffered for him to pour his heart out on ebay like this. Such a sad tale.

Pete, how nice to get such service it could renew my faith in humanity. Probably won't but it could.

Spartacus

kevberlin

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2021, 01:28:32 PM »

Tbh, I don't think the recall could have been any better handled. I had a letter from R.E. and called the dealers (Quarry Bank Motorcycles) a couple of days later. They said all their current stock of calipers was already spoken for and they'd call me when the had some more in. Blow me down with a feather, they actually did! It's so rare for any company to actually do their job properly these days that it really stands out when somebody does. I took it in last Tuesday, and they told me they'd send me a text in about an hour when it was done, and they did that too.

That’s a shock. I used to go there in the 80s when their first place was up the road near to the Church Tavern. It seems that things may have moved on since those heady days when they used to sell secondhand spares.
1983 Honda CB250RS
2023 BMW G310GS

xbally

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2021, 04:13:49 PM »

That’s a shock. I used to go there in the 80s when their first place was up the road near to the Church Tavern. It seems that things may have moved on since those heady days when they used to sell secondhand spares.
  Yes I remember the old spares shop in the 80's and was a regular customer-Andy who worked behind the counter was still on the spares last time I visited as I do from time to time.

kevberlin

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2021, 10:10:47 PM »

Yes I remember the old spares shop in the 80's and was a regular customer-Andy who worked behind the counter was still on the spares last time I visited as I do from time to time.
That’s a blast from the past. Andy with the sort of blonde hair. I remember him
1983 Honda CB250RS
2023 BMW G310GS

xbally

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2021, 05:54:27 PM »

That’s a blast from the past. Andy with the sort of blonde hair. I remember him
Well I can't remember what he looked like back in the 80's but he doesn't look like that now! But there again no of does.I seem to remember he sourced me a s/h petrol tank for my Superdream which had sprung a leak and a NOS underseat / mudguard bracket / stay which rotted out after a few years. IMHO the RS 250 is a much better bike but those wet dreams sold by the bucket load. Got mine for £75 after the 125 learner law came in-my wife managed to negotiate the price down from £90. The QB bosses Paul and Phil are still there as far as I know.

xbally

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2021, 05:55:21 PM »
oops-meant to say "none of us does"