Author Topic: Transparent covers allow amazing video in slo-mo  (Read 1223 times)

xbally

Re: Transparent covers allow amazing video in slo-mo
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2021, 04:29:46 PM »
Here you are Michael : Hope this works!
HONDA CB250RSA ROYAL ENFIELD CONTINENTAL GT535

Moto63

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2021, 09:11:51 AM »
Morning Martin. Thanks for posting the photo up. Car looks cool as. I’ve always admired the skill of the people that can chop out a few inches of bodywork. Weld it all back together and still make it look as though it left the factory like that. Brilliant. I’m also a huge fan of the mini sprint speedsters.
Like I say..... one day, one day 🤔🤞
Thanks again....Michael

xbally

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2021, 10:26:51 AM »
Thanks Michael. You have to sit virtually in the back due to the chopping down of what is already a pretty small car-by modern standards anyway. It was somewhat a noisy ride and of course bumpy.We had to keep a careful eye on the water temp gauge as any upward hill resulted in the needle heading towards the red zone.Great fun though.

Steve Lake

• Dyslexics have more nuf
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2021, 03:09:11 PM »
hey Bill, all home safe 11pm last night.... no sign of the single malt yet though >:(
just out of interest he is currently driving a BMW Mini, the last one from John Cooper Works before they sold the upgrade lock stock and kitchen sink to BMW.
it was, when it left the cooper factory the fastest road going BM Mini road registered. (there is a magazine article somewhere about it),
#1 son has had it back to the ex cooper guys in Sussex for a turbo/supercharger upgrade, and a replacement of the competition clutch and  rear suspension. I'm no great fan of the BM Mini, but this thing just flies .... and is beautifully set up ( first owner Juan Pablo Montoya) , so son has decided it's a keeper considering its provenance.
i have done loads of track days at snetterton on the srx's, currently in negotiations with the owner to do my first car track day ;-).
pip pip

themoudie

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2021, 04:05:17 PM »
Aye Steve,

Glad to hear of the safe return, now blowing a hooley and sleeting, with a temp of 3.0°C.

Shame about the lack of liquid gifts!  ???

As for the small hooligan vehicle, it sounds as though Snett's would be very enjoyable and worth forgoing a bottle.  ;)

Knockhill in a Civic Type R was very enjoyable, especially after being authorised to "Push the R button"! ;D ;D ;D

I don't have the nuts to do the same on a motorcycle these days, my reactions are not what they were.

Good health, Bill

Steve Lake

• Dyslexics have more nuf
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2021, 11:35:53 AM »
nice motor Martin. looks like a Mk2 shell (internal door hinges & windy up windows, sometimes) like the air scoop on the bonnet, i did similar to my 1390 S , but suffered water ingress into the Reece Fish carbs, also freezing inlet manifold. so ended up blanking it off somewhat.
is that a BMW 'mini' in the background ??

xbally

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2021, 01:29:28 PM »
I can't recall the exact history Steve-although my friend did tell me. I am far from a Mini anorak! I think he said the guy he bought it from-who was the constructor- used an early chassis number unrelated to the appearance! I think it was so he could get a reg number without a suffix but I do seem to recall my friend saying "I don't know how he did that!"
I know it was vey hot inside the car on our trip to the Mini day at Shelsley.
He had all sorts of commissioning problems IIRC. Several engines were tried but don't ask me which!
He fitted several styles of wheels as well. "Rosepetals" comes to mind with Yokahama  and Avon tyres?
It had an auxiliary fan to help with the cooling problems.
Yes that is a BMW Mini in the background- I think it's a 2016 "One". It's his other half's but he doesn't like driving it! I have been to Shelsley in it but that's as much as a can remember. Certainly not a Works Cooper or anything exotic.
My parents had a brand new 1959 red or blue Mini -was it a "seven?" when I was a baby.

Moto63

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2021, 03:59:51 PM »
1959... the first year of production and release Martin, so yes most likely would have been a Severn.

mthee

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2021, 07:04:58 PM »
Here's my Mini contribution - thought it might be nice to stay dry on the many trips from High Wycombe to Bangor in Wales, where I went to college. Sold the Cx500, bought the Mini, failed my test, went, "bollocks!" sold the Mini and bought my Z thou! 😁
Fear of the unknown does not mean the unknown needs to be feared

xbally

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2021, 07:18:09 PM »
1275GT. Nearly had one of those myself-in about 1981-but chose the sensible" option of a boring Opel Kadett after my TR6 (car not bike).

Moto63

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2021, 04:56:09 PM »
1275gt .... Z1000 🤔🤔🤔, tough call, think you chose well tho Matt. As much as I Love  minis I love bikes more.
Ps, you’re rocking them there white ankle boots dude🤘 Used to have a pair myself back in the day.🤘

mthee

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2021, 10:39:36 AM »
Ps, you’re rocking them there white ankle boots dude🤘 Used to have a pair myself back in the day.🤘
Very gracious of you not to mention the matching mullet 👍😂 Well, it was the 80's...

Moto63

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2021, 07:55:32 AM »

Very gracious of you not to mention the matching mullet 👍😂 Well, it was the 80's...
Aahhhh.... the 80’s, never quite did the mullet thing, I just went straight to rockin the long hair thing.
Very David Coverdale 🤘🤘🤣🤣
(Pity the girls didn’t quite see my that way though 😉🤣)
Name withheld to protect David Coverdale 😉

mthee

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2021, 11:49:46 AM »
This popped up in my feed and I remembered we had a mini thread going on here!😁 I had subscribed to this guy's channel when I was finding out why they never featured welding on The Generation Game, way back when!

« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 11:54:47 AM by mthee »

Moto63

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2021, 02:10:49 PM »
Really enjoyed watching that Matt. Thanks for posting.
Think I’ll be finding part 2 on you toob when I get a mo 👍👍
Cheers, Michael