Author Topic: Annual Rally 2021  (Read 3743 times)

CrazyFrog

Re: Annual Rally 2021
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2021, 06:04:42 PM »
My mistake, its called 'Old Times' http://www.oldtime.co.uk/bandb.htm
2023 Royal Enfield Meteor 350
2021 Honda CB125F

Dave#22

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2021, 03:58:12 PM »
Hi all, can't make that weekend as we are doing a classic car tour of Wales, but would like to pop in for a chat if we're in the area.
I was going to do the tour with Pat on a bike, but one member took pity on me and is loaning me a car. ::)
Dave.

Well, we are in the area, so Pat & I can pop in Friday afternoon, may be in a 2CV van, stop for a chat and maybe food...are you eating in the pub? or is it DIY?...then we have a hotel booked in Montgomery for Friday evening.
We went to the Powis arms a few years ago, there was an Italian bike meet  there, so of course we went on the Guzzi.
Dave.

Harry00

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2021, 09:33:29 AM »
Hope to be there. I guess it will be a last minute decision for me as always. This time it is not the timeframe, it suits me perfectly. Even had my mind on taking a small detour along Brighton this time, to visit the resting place of one of the all-time guitar gods, mr. Gary Moore. But the travel back to Holland is very problematic at this moment. Covid restrictions demand a negative pcr-test and quarantine after getting home. Quarantine is something i cannot use unfortunately. Let's keep an eye on it, hoping things will loosen up on that subject before end of august. Shitty situation really.

Dave#22

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2021, 04:08:07 PM »
Hi Harry, we had a similar issue last month, we were due to sail to Europoort for our annual Moto Guzzi Quota treffen, this year in the Ardennes, but we were not allowed to enter The Netherlands or Belgium, so we had to cancel...and went to Wales instead...but we can still use the ferry until Christmas 2022.
I suppose it was a blessing in disguise, due to the rainfall and flooding in Belgium and Germany, just glad we didn't get caught up in it.
Dave.

CrazyFrog

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2021, 04:20:21 PM »
Be good to see you all if you can make it, though I quite understand about the Covid situation Harry. I'm sure most of us will be eating in the Pub on the Friday night Dave...
2021 Honda CB125F

Steve Lake

• Dyslexics have more nuf
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2021, 02:27:33 PM »
I was looking forward to this one, but sadly i have an RAF reunion the same weekend, now i'm not one for these reunions... too many old duffers in blazers telling each other how good they were ..... but this is the last one for our entry system ( boy entrants who joined up at 16, between the years of 1948 & 1968 , on a sort of apprenticeship for 2 years then entering 'mans' service at 18.) so, there won't be many going, and as it's the last one i feel i should make an appearance ... god knows where my blazer & flannels are! ....
hope you all have a great time, and i look forward to hearing all about the usual misdeeds and derring do ....

CrazyFrog

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2021, 07:07:29 PM »
Sorry you can't make it Steve, hope you have a good reunion - we can't compete with the RAF! 😊
2021 Honda CB125F

Dave#22

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2021, 06:29:58 PM »
Not long now...Pat & I hope to get there early Friday afternoon, will anybody else be there?...and, what time are you meeting?
I've been persuaded that the 2CV van is not ideal, so my friend is lending me his Lotus Elan+2 instead...very posh, I went for a test drive yesterday and it runs well, but the gearbox is a bit iffy, but can't complain.
See you soon.
Dave.

CrazyFrog

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2021, 06:36:06 PM »
I'm probably going to get there Thursday afternoon Dave, and maybe one or two others will too. I'm expecting most people to arrive Friday
 afternoon/evening so there's bound to be some of us around when you arrive. Lotus Elan sounds great 👍
2021 Honda CB125F

Itsme

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2021, 06:37:00 AM »
Hi Pete

I am aiming to be there lunchtime on Friday or thereabouts, maybe a little earlier if I have a good journey. I am staying in a Travelodge not too far away as it was the cheapest option.

Have you got a run out planned for Saturday? I'm not sure if I will go as the Mighty Midget likes to bimble along at 45mph ish and last time I went on a Thumper Club run some members seemed a bit impatient with my relaxed approach to making progress.

Spartacus

themoudie

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2021, 10:38:01 AM »
Dear Spartacus,

They'll be the ones extracting their heads and machinery from between the radiator grills, pelaton groups, broken down mobile cranes, etc, just around the next corner!

Out yesterday and afore the carb fell apart (see other post), came around a corner, only to find a very large Ainscough mobile crane tucked in at the side of the road, with the driver, on his own, controlling traffic as best he could and an ever expanding pool of hot hydraulic oil appearing beneath the mobile crane! :o ::) ::) ::)

Fortunately, as we were not travelling quickly, we anchored up in time, but many of the 4 wheeled persuasion were having difficulty stopping! :(

There was also some very uneccessary abuse from some about "blocking the F...ing road!".

Also, you may not have seen this unfortunate incident just down the road from me. Driver inattention on a dual carriageway appears to have been the problem. The two occupants of the "ramming lorry" were fortunate not to loose their lives, unlike the horses in the box. Thankfully, the box driver and family were on the verge and avoided injury. All they could do was watch in horror as the whole ghastly carnage unfolded in front of them.

Link to BBC News report: Lorry_rams_horsebox_BBC_report

Go canny, enjoy the rally and scenery and I'd like to blether on here afterwards.

Bill

CrazyFrog

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2021, 08:18:16 PM »
Hi Pete

I am aiming to be there lunchtime on Friday or thereabouts, maybe a little earlier if I have a good journey. I am staying in a Travelodge not too far away as it was the cheapest option.

Have you got a run out planned for Saturday? I'm not sure if I will go as the Mighty Midget likes to bimble along at 45mph ish and last time I went on a Thumper Club run some members seemed a bit impatient with my relaxed approach to making progress.

Spartacus

Hi Ian, yes, me and Timbo have planned a run out for Saturday. Don't worry - it'll be a typical TC ride out. When we did a trial run yesterday, I don't think we exceeded 50mph anywhere. Mostly twisty B roads and country lanes with great scenery.

Look forward to seeing you!
2021 Honda CB125F

Itsme

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2021, 12:00:11 PM »
Hi gents

Thank you both for the encouragement and glad to hear that the rideout will be a back lanes affair Pete.

Crikey Bill that was a lucky escape by the sound of things. Good job your brakes were up to the task in hand, let's be honest I bet we can all think of bikes which would have struggled to stop in short order (Enfield Bullet 350 with drum brake in the wet!). Glad it ended well for you.

See you on Friday.

Spartacus

themoudie

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2021, 08:41:10 PM »
Aye Spartacus, shingles prevents any chance of my rallying, but 'local' jaunts are still on the cards!

Enjoy the canter that pete and timbo have planned.  :)

My regards, Bill

CrazyFrog

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2021, 09:28:36 PM »
Aye Spartacus, shingles prevents any chance of my rallying, but 'local' jaunts are still on the cards!

Enjoy the canter that pete and timbo have planned.  :)

Hope the shingles clearest up soon Bill - I can remember my Mom having it and it wasn't pleasant...

My regards, Bill
2021 Honda CB125F