Author Topic: Hi there  (Read 526 times)

Kazairl369

Hi there
« on: July 07, 2021, 10:16:21 PM »
Well, it's been a long long time since I was last here, not sure if anyonewill rememberme. I belive it was possibly 2003 or 2004. I rode my XBR to Stafford to camp for the weekend. Since I signed everything on here Chris, they guys were mildly surprised to see I was Christine. The xbr is now in bits and has been for about 16 years, the srx hasn't turned a wheel for 12 years, and 6 weeks ago I sold the xt660 to my boss, I will however be the only one riding it as it will be my work bike, you can't miss it, its pink.
How is everyone? There are a few names I still recognise.

Chris

Itsme

Re: Hi there
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2021, 04:22:14 PM »
Hi Chris

A pink work bike! How do I convince my boss that I need any work bike let alone a pink one.

I don't remember you as I wasn't on here in 2003/4 but nice to hear from you anyway. Sounds like you are a committed Thumperteer. Any plans to get other thumpers or will the work bike do?

Spartacus (AKA Ian, blame Moto 63 for the change of name!)

Moto63

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2021, 06:57:03 PM »
Hi Chris, welcome back. Like Ian (Spartacus) I’m afraid I wasn’t a member back then either. Great to hear you still have an XBR, albeit in bits, best of luck with the rebuild.
Cheers, Michael

Steve Lake

• Dyslexics have more nuf
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2021, 08:19:17 PM »
welcome back chris(tine) :-). you were a couple of years before my entry (2006) .... people have come and gone but i'm sure you'll find some olduns here.
interested in what you'll be doing with your SRX...

Kazairl369

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2021, 08:28:45 PM »
Haha, yep the XT is now pink, the XBR is my baby, it won't ever go, the SRX shouldn't take too much work, getting it back from the ex husband is the difficult part. Although it's been sat outside do who knows, his name is Beastly,  on account of how easy he was to start.

themoudie

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2021, 10:54:51 PM »
Welcome back to the "Mad House" Chris,

Like SteveL, 2006 was the year I found this forum, so I didn't read your previous post or see you at Stafford. As for the SRX being outside :( maybe not the best and I was confused as to whether it was your ex or the bike that you were referring! Please excuse my lateral leap! :-[

Hope you can find the time and cash, to get the two old birds up and running again. With E10 a couple of months away it may not be easy and you may only have a few years left afore they are banned from the road, so get spannering!  ;D

Good health, Bill

richardeblack

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2021, 07:20:12 AM »
Hello Chris
Sadly I didn't do the Stafford show then so don't remember you. I was a member then but not very active. I did go to some of the early rallies, did you?
I was just thinking, whilst on the stand at Stafford this year that it's a shame that the only ladies we saw were the wives of members. Maybe you can do the October show?
I'm very much an XBR person myself so fully understand you never letting it go. Do you need any bits for it to get it going again?
Welcome back
Richard.

Steve Lake

• Dyslexics have more nuf
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2021, 03:41:50 PM »
I'm a bit confused here Christine ... is Beastly the SRX or the X hubby .....  asking for a friend ....;-)