Author Topic: A grand day out  (Read 1965 times)

RonXBR

Re: A grand day out
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2021, 12:26:30 PM »
Hello Bill and Tommy, aye, she's in good order. Tony put me onto it, you know how he always likes spending other people's money. Previous owner has looked after it well, even to the extent of storing the exhausts in the airing cupboard during the winter. Must have an understanding wife. Exhausts are made by Jama, similar shape to the originals but slimmer. Raft of paperwork history with it, going back years. So, am well pleased although Tony will be looking a free lunch as a finders fee.
      Bill, talking of food and your previous post about pies. Not sure if this is near you, but some of the best pies and bridies I have tasted were from the Aberfoyle Butcher. In the interest of checking quality control, I bought one of their steak pies, three days in a row.

Ron.

PS. Just thought. Tim could probably manage three pies in a day.

themoudie

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2021, 02:29:55 PM »
Aye Ron,

Time I met up with Tim was the run with the Weegie boys. Supposed to be a "classic run", but they all turned up on GS1200RT, YAWN!  :(  More testosterone than old motorcycles.

Before the off from Aberfoyle, I went along to the butchers to buy Tim a pie, as I had promised him. It went down a treat at the lunch stop at Kenmore, with a bowl of soup!  ;D Tim and I prefer the steak and Stornaway black pudding pies and a fruit slice tray bake for me!  ;)  Most of the good places to stop, afore 'lockdown', are on my radar.  ;) What things will be like this year will just have to wait and see.  :-\

Happy stravaiging and pie sampling, Bill

Moto63

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2021, 06:07:30 PM »
Yes very nice indeedy, looks like a cracking purchase 👍👍... cheers, Michael

CrazyFrog

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2021, 08:28:52 AM »
Yep, that's a proper nice looking XBR for sure!
2023 Royal Enfield Meteor 350
2021 Honda CB125F

timbo

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2021, 06:37:41 PM »
Spot on Ron  :D
Namaste