Author Topic: Lsl conversion xbr  (Read 543 times)

tommy

• xbr500 xbr 650 nx 650 gsx1100
Lsl conversion xbr
« on: February 01, 2021, 03:33:02 PM »
Hi lads anyone fitted a LSL bar conversion  to the xbr what throttle cable did you use
The standard ones and if so what style bars fitted nice  ta tommy

xbally

Re: Lsl conversion xbr
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2021, 05:49:19 PM »
Yes I have one. Expensive for what it is but does the job very well. I have a set of Renthall bars with all standard cables. The choke cable is a bit stretched but throttle and clutch are fine.
HONDA CB250RSA ROYAL ENFIELD CONTINENTAL GT535

tommy

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2021, 07:51:09 PM »
your right xbally expensive (not a good idea to go on ebay after the pub   ::))but good quality ,what model renthal are you using theres a number on the bars on the renthal print thanks tommy

o and how do find the handling with the higer bars on

xbally

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2021, 10:23:07 PM »
Bike is tucked up in workshop Tommy. It already had the Renthalls on when I bought it (if I remember correctly). Before the LSL kit the bike a crudely made set of bar risers which I never liked. They are not flat bars but have a short rise and I've always found them more comfortable than the standard set up which I've had on my other XBRs.

xbally

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2021, 10:24:10 PM »
By the way Tommy-how do you find the Interceptor? Martin

tommy

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2021, 11:25:28 PM »
l love  the enfield between lockdowns and my accident on the dommie i have not been out since october, im very happy with it ,but i changed a few things on it  the fork springs .shocks and exhaust  the suspension mods made a BIG difference to the bike and i put on  renthal black  low bars  that were in the shed ,its lively enough too , i have heard of charging problems and the clocks misting up and very bad wobbling at 80mph but touch wood i have not had any of these issues
how are you getting on with yours  tommy

xbally

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2021, 08:00:07 AM »
Well-I've put some O/E chrome crash bars from India on that were much cheaper than the ones you can buy over here and done the air intake / filter mod. I haven't touched the suspension or exhaust as I've been spending money sorting my Monster out.The clocks are a bit susceptible to misting-I was going to mention this at the next service but only did about 800 miles last year (2000 in total now) so haven't bothered with the 2nd service yet.I don't ride mine hard as I don't consider it that type of bike but I can see the suspension would struggle at speed on the twisties. Would like to change the exhaust if only for something lighter as I think the standard set up looks and sounds OK.I can see it's built down to a price but still a bargain compared to the competition.

tommy

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2021, 03:51:42 PM »
mine hasnt seen rain or a washing yet so maybe the clock misting might be a issue  on the future,i done the filter mod too love the intake sound from it now ,did you hear theres a call back on the front brake the seals were not great on some calipers ,the dealer is supposed to check them first too see if alls ok, and enfield say every bike will get a new front caliper ( ::)) ,but we will see what happens there  ,tommy

xbally

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2021, 05:56:27 PM »
Well mine's never seen rain either nor had a proper clean either but the condensation comes in the damp / cold weather. Had a few bikes which do this including my XBR and my Guzzi Griso which I had from new.
Yes I had the recall letter months and months ago and await like you  hearing from the dealer with baited breath...not. I understood it was down to corrosion but mine's not used in the winter.Did notice some other corrosion on fittings -the oil cooler area etc - when I got it back on the road last Spring but this year I've remembered to switch on the dehumidifier so hopefully all will be well.
By the way Tommy I checked the number on the Renthalls on the XBR and its 754.
As I said I think the Interceptor is a bargain so you expect a few minor issues.Touch wood I've not had any charging problems. I might run the multi-meter between the battery terminals when I start it up in Spring.

Rossco500

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2021, 06:29:08 PM »
Hi Tommy - hope your recovery is going well. It can be a long, slow process.
Not really relevant to your question but I opted for the Honda CBX550 handlebar conversion which allows use of all the original cables. Unfortunately they are getting harder to source these days and I had to get the last pair from Germany (fortunately with the end weights included). I'm polishing these ones up for use on a relatively recently acquired GB500.
Glad to hear you were enjoying the Royal Enfield. I know of a few who have bought them and are well pleased, only one has had an issue which related to the ignition switch which will be sorted under warranty. I also have a Kawasaki W650 which I love although having had a run on the Interceptor it would be tempting. A few more vibes from the Kawasaki around 65mph although it starts to smooth out beyond that. I've also started to notice a few more carb issues with it that wasn't the case previously (I've had a number of w650s over the years). Possibly partly to do with them running quite lean and ethanol in the fuel these days.

All the Best

Tony 

xbally

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2021, 07:15:32 PM »
Yes I use to have a W650 which certainly looked the part -more like a Brit than the genuine McCoy but without the hassles of a trad Brit bike -not unlike the 650 Interceptor.

tommy

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2021, 09:09:14 PM »
hi tony how are you ,recovery is going very well ta i was in the hospital today for update xrays and they said i  was doing fantastisc considering how smashed up i was  ,i had higher bars on a xbr years ago im nearly sure they were from a vf 400 /500 probably as hard to get them now also , nice bike those w650,s you can do some really nice things to them  i,v seen a few fasty ones on line, no sheperds rest again this year eh   :'( tommy

tommy

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2021, 09:36:18 PM »
thanks xbally i have renthal 758 on the enfield i wonder is there much difference 754,s mmm, i have no corrosion so far the paints still on it i had a xjr1300 once the paint on it was terrible it literally  fell off the engine and it was newish i seen a new one in the show room once and the paint was peeling off the motor  mad ,i think the enfields might have been fitted with cheap batteries (thats just my opinion)through work  we had to supply 14  brand spanking new  gn125,s to a delivery company the battiers in them  were crap most failed after a few months  changing to a good brand fixed that up ,for a company there would be some savings if your buying thousands of batteries to go for a lesser quality  (my opinion )
tommy