Author Topic: Thank you chaps  (Read 726 times)

Itsme

Thank you chaps
« on: January 19, 2021, 09:07:44 AM »
I realised the other day that after 2020, the year that never was, I am missing motorcycling. I do get to ride my bike a lot as I am still lucky enough to be working, but there have been so few opportunities to do motorcycling. For example when I have a day off if the weather is nice I liked going to Cadwell to spectate at trackdays as it was free, can't do that. I like going to the local bike cafes for a brekkie, can't do that. I like wandering to the big, shiny bike shops to drool over bikes I can't afford, can't do that.

I feel as though I am losing touch with motorcycling as a hobby. So thank you to all of you fine thumperteers who at least have kept an online presence going and particularly with the promise of actual activities this year. At least in some measure I feel connected to the hobby even if I don't get to see many actual bikes.

Itsme

Moto63

Re: Thank you chaps
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2021, 01:46:14 PM »
Yes I know the feeling Ian, I think I got out twice last year for a spin. Got to have been the least amount of saddle time since 1993 when I spent a year backpacking around OZ. Even then I managed one ride on a bike. Like you Ian I consider myself quite fortunate to have been going to work throughout this whole pandemic, so from that point of view my sanity is still pretty much intact.
Unfortunately.... I personally can’t see the Stafford show in April going ahead but who knows and fingers crossed it can. Here’s to October. Hopefully now the vaccine rollout has started restrictions will hopefully be slackening off come summer time.... bike time🤞🤞👍
Here’s to hoping, and yes let’s all try n keep our chins up and keep focused 👍👍🤘
Cheers, Michael

CrazyFrog

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2021, 06:13:32 PM »
I'm doing plenty of cycling, but much as I enjoy it, it's a different fix. I can tell I'm going cold turkey for biking cos I'm spending most of my free time drooling over bikes on ebay and dreaming...
2023 Royal Enfield Meteor 350
2021 Honda CB125F

Moto63

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2021, 06:23:44 PM »
I'm doing plenty of cycling, but much as I enjoy it, it's a different fix. I can tell I'm going cold turkey for biking cos I'm spending most of my free time drooling over bikes on ebay and dreaming...
I do that anyway.... covid pandemic or no pandemic. As my old gaffer used to say, “if a man don’t dream about having nice things (cars in his case), then he’s either pissing it up against the wall or playing around”
Never used to make sense to me at the time but as I’ve got older it makes perfect sense. Dream away Pete I say 👍👍

mthee

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2021, 09:12:18 PM »
I'm spending most of my free time drooling over bikes on ebay and dreaming...

We've hacked into your history and can reveal the source of your drooling and dreaming.....😜

Fear of the unknown does not mean the unknown needs to be feared

CrazyFrog

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2021, 10:58:23 PM »
I'm spending most of my free time drooling over bikes on ebay and dreaming...

We've hacked into your history and can reveal the source of your drooling and dreaming.....😜

It's a fair cop, guilty as charged m'lud... 🤣🤣
2023 Royal Enfield Meteor 350
2021 Honda CB125F

Itsme

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2021, 08:26:33 AM »
I thoroughly disapprove of drooling over motorbikes or ladies in tight clothing. To make sure I keep disapproving I do lots of research into what is online which contains motorbikes or ladies. Some days I can be researching for hours and look at hundreds of motorbikes and even a lady or two. I do this not out of pleasure or interest but out of a sense of duty, to make sure I know what is out there to disapprove of. I think I am a hero. My wife uses other words.

Ian

mthee

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2021, 10:46:58 AM »
Ah ha! Now the change of identity makes sense. This research is being conducted deep undercover, isn't it? Say no more!
Fear of the unknown does not mean the unknown needs to be feared

Moto63

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2021, 01:41:55 PM »
Brilliant... keep em coming chaps 👍

Itsme

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2021, 04:02:29 PM »
Ah ha! Now the change of identity makes sense. This research is being conducted deep undercover, isn't it? Say no more!

Good man, keep mum, loose lips sink ships etc.

Ian, no sorry not Ian, never heard of him.

Moto63

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2021, 05:33:11 PM »

No....that’s because he’s Spartacus ??

Itsme

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2021, 06:00:45 PM »

No....that’s because he’s Spartacus ??

And so is my wife.

Ian

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2021, 08:07:55 PM »
Is some one taking my name in vain again 😳

I think I will change my name.....
Jacqueline
1 SRX 1 C400X -2 thumpers