Author Topic: Adrenalin rush!!!!! Facebook link  (Read 644 times)

themoudie

Adrenalin rush!!!!! Facebook link
« on: November 17, 2020, 11:23:13 PM »
This is lary and not for the faint hearted cyclist!  :o

Facebook link: Cycle_versus_Handcycle

Enjoy, Bill

Mutt

• XBR500
Re: Adrenalin rush!!!!! Facebook link
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 03:12:42 PM »
One word sums them up... idioti

I thought that Italian car drivers were bad but I lost count of the number of offences they went through in the 4 minutes.

Of course had that been in the UK a blue flashy light would have appeared and charged the rider of the motorcycle with numerous offences!

They were fast though and there was a distinct absence of potholes... 

Regards, Clive.
Remember to never lose sight of reality: If it looks like a duck, it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck... that duck is NOT an elephant!

themoudie

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 05:11:59 PM »
Aye Clive, bampot antics! :-X  By a couple of idiota.

As for the "flashy blue light", I doubt it at present, cyclists are allowed 'grand tours' as it's "exercise"!  ;) The fishtailing cyclist must have a cork clenched between his buttocks as part of that exercising.  ::)

The volume of plastic marking the road must cause a bit of sliding in the rain and dinnae no go there when it comes to micro-plastics in water courses.  :-X

Good health, Bill

CrazyFrog

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2020, 05:57:17 PM »
Yep, a proper couple of dick heads, and I say that as a keen cyclist myself. In fact, I did a 70 mile ride yesterday, but on my own, and not quite at that speed, or with that level of contempt for other road users...
2023 Royal Enfield Meteor 350
2021 Honda CB125F

Steve Lake

• Dyslexics have more nuf
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2020, 09:10:36 PM »
well, being a life long competative cyclist, i'm dubious about that movie clip, never go to see the speed on the bikes speedo , and, although i'm all for a high cadence ( watch chris froome climbing ) , but i think this movie was speeded up. the cyclists pedal rate was just a bit too high .... i may be mistaken ....

johnr

• Regular
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2020, 12:12:43 AM »
iv watched this a couple of times now and i dont think its speeded up. i think the speeds are explained by thee fact that its essentially a very long downhill section of road. th first few seconds show that its clearly quite high on a hill and the ammount of time the hand cyclist coasts and maintains his speed indicates that its not a level or uphil section of road. plus the sound, whilst a bit duff, doesnt really seem to indicate the film has been speeded up, as the sounds would also be speeded up and they just dont seem to be.

Steve Lake

• Dyslexics have more nuf
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2020, 09:35:13 PM »
yup, looking again, i think you may be right John