Author Topic: cb500rs  (Read 3588 times)

Moto63

Re: cb500rs
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2020, 05:53:03 PM »
TIG.... not gig 🤪

tevie54

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2020, 10:18:05 AM »
I'm not sure how to upload photos into the website

Moto63

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2020, 07:18:09 PM »
No nor me, I’m lucky, I simply email them to a very clever chappie called Matt (mathee) and he very kindly pops them up for me. Be good to see your project though.
Cheers, Michael

Steve H

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2020, 09:15:32 PM »

• Type your message into the box
  • When you post a message there is a section under the panel you type into named "Attachments and other options" press the '+' icon
  • This will then display a section which is titled "Attach" with a "Choose File" button
  • Press the button and select a picture
  • If you want to add more picture select "(more attachments)"
  • Press the "Post" button
  • It may take a while to upload but after that the pictures should be visible

Moto63

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2020, 09:18:14 PM »
what a cracking view that is Steve, where was it taken?
Cheers, Michael

Steve H

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2020, 04:32:34 PM »
Its near Hay-Bluff in South Wales. We were lucky with the weather that day, misty when we turned up and cleared the higher we climbed.

Can you try the instruction for uploading, if they work ok I will create a Sticky Post.

themoudie

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2020, 06:29:11 PM »
Aye Steve,

Sometimes the problem is that the size of the image is restricted and if you have an image that is too large or you try to upload multiple images that have a total size greater than allowed they too will be rejected.

Software to alter the image size is available, but you have to know how to use it and then there is the Windows, Android and ?, operating system differences to further confuse.

I don't envy you posting the sticky, but good luck. Thank you for trying.

Good health, Bill

tevie54

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2020, 01:46:10 PM »
Has anyone fitted an oil cooler to one of these engines or are they necessary.
Steve

tevie54

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2020, 09:44:00 PM »
I just went to do a trial fitting of the new swinging arm and I noticed the tube that's welded to the frame and attaches to the footrest bracket has cracked and is allowing the footrest bracket to move around the swinging arm pivot. I've had this problem before and I think there's even been a post about it on the Thumperclub website so it looks like I'll be doing a bit of welding repair before I can get the swinging arm fitted.
It's ironic that just when I was thinking I've bitten off more than I can chew making a new swinging arm i discover a fault that would have gone undetected until I suddenly wouldn't have been able to select any gears and wonder why. Funnily enough that footrest had been buzzing a lot more lately and giving me a numb left foot. Fate eh?

Moto63

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2020, 09:53:22 PM »
Fate indeedy, least you’ve got it in hand before disaster struck 👍

tevie54

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2020, 04:57:43 PM »
Here's a photo of the trial fitting

Moto63

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2020, 05:32:13 PM »
Looking good, roll on next spring eh 👍

SteveC#222

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2020, 10:41:10 PM »
Just been reading the PSB article - Nice looking Bike!!
Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

tevie54

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2020, 11:29:18 AM »
There's an XR500 engine on Ebay at the moment, it's going to be about £400 including postage from the 'states' but that's quite good.

xbally

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2020, 04:28:49 PM »
I just went to do a trial fitting of the new swinging arm and I noticed the tube that's welded to the frame and attaches to the footrest bracket has cracked and is allowing the footrest bracket to move around the swinging arm pivot. I've had this problem before and I think there's even been a post about it on the Thumperclub website so it looks like I'll be doing a bit of welding repair before I can get the swinging arm fitted.
It's ironic that just when I was thinking I've bitten off more than I can chew making a new swinging arm i discover a fault that would have gone undetected until I suddenly wouldn't have been able to select any gears and wonder why. Funnily enough that footrest had been buzzing a lot more lately and giving me a numb left foot. Fate eh?
Yes I had this problem on my RS250 12 months ago  -couldn't work out why the kickstart wouldn't return. Tried repeatedly tightening all surrounding bolts up and it transpired the frame weld inside the right footrest hanger mount had broken/corroded. The whole footrest hanger and rear brake pedal was pivotting round as there was insufficient bracing without the inner frame lug being secured so the right footrest was moving into contact with the kickstart-quite scary. I rode it slowly (very) to my mates at Solihull and he did a load of work including welding this part of the frame up for me. He said it  had already been (badly) welded there before and on the opposite side too.
HONDA CB250RSA ROYAL ENFIELD CONTINENTAL GT535