Author Topic: Now there's a surprise  (Read 668 times)

Ian

1 SRX 1 C400X -2 thumpers

mthee

Re: Now there's a surprise
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2020, 10:48:11 AM »
The most difficult part in diversifying into electric for Ducati must be the first on the list in the article?

"Ducati stands for noise, excitement, passion, and theatre. Not currently words associated with the vehicles we get from the new world order of alternative fuels."

Speaking of diversity, Ian, how's that XSR700 going for you 😉?

Fear of the unknown does not mean the unknown needs to be feared

Moto63

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2020, 04:44:13 PM »

I see what you did there Matt, very sharp. Like a new pin

mthee

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2020, 09:22:04 PM »
Speaking of new pins, or should I say, scalpels, did you consider the Husky 701 Vitpilen before you purchased your Spitfire? I was on eBay and there are a glut of very low mileage ones.

Moto63

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2020, 08:46:00 AM »
Morning Matt, yes mate I looked at a fair few different options before I finally went for the spitfire. Couple of things made me make my mind up.
1.. love the look of the spitfire flat tracker, very minimalist
2.. built by a small’ish local company
3.. you don’t see many around, so just a little bit different
I’m sure I could have bought a more mass produced bike cheaper but I personally like the thought that I’m (to coin a phrase) a name and not just a number within the ordering process and that I’m helping a local British company keep going. (Albeit in a small way)
Also as I think I’ve previously mentioned, I work very hard and I’m  not getting any younger and over the years I’ve sacrificed a few different bikes I would have liked so as to get myself on in life, so I thought “what the hell i’m doing this”
Cheers, Michael

mthee

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2020, 09:19:22 AM »
Good on you! It was the number of Vitpilens, all with less than 1k miles, that made me wonder if there was something up with them and then I thought, I'll bet Michael had a good look recently and might know 👍

Ian

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2020, 09:47:14 AM »

I see what you did there Matt, very sharp. Like a new pin

Matt you really need to get up to speed....(not quite so pin sharp Michael I think 🤔)
The XSR700 was about 3 bikes ago, loved the bike, but pity the local Yamaha dealership were totally incompetent at even adjusting a final drive chain (name withheld but I will shout it out if required😁).  I'm pretty happily in a relationship with my 900 Street Twin. I'm otherwise renovating a smallish Thumper that would have been on the Stand this weekend if events had gone a different way. 🤔
1 SRX 1 C400X -2 thumpers

mthee

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2020, 10:17:11 AM »
Now you're sounding like the missus! 🙄 That's an enviable flow of bikes 😁

Moto63

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2020, 10:19:25 AM »
Doh.... blunt as a plumbers “wood” chisel. Well this plumbers chisel at least. 🤣😉
I’m blaming Matt. Come on dude keep up🤪🤣👍

mthee

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2020, 10:34:14 AM »
(currently jabbing myself with a sharp pin and thinking of who to shift blame to....🤔....)

TARGET ACQUIRED!

It's that Trump's antics in the press wot had me distracted, gov!💩

Moto63

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2020, 11:11:44 AM »

[/quote I'm otherwise renovating a smallish Thumper that would have been on the Stand this weekend if events had gone a different way. 🤔
Wow... yes of course, can’t believe it’s come round so quick. Happen a good job (from my personal position) that the plug was pulled as I couldn’t have made it down anyway. I’m having to self isolate until next Friday (16th) as I came into contact with an electrician who then tested positive. I’ve had the test and It fortunately came back negative but I still have to stay indoors for another week. 😢
Frustrating to say the least, but these things can’t be helped eh.