Author Topic: Off forum 2  (Read 605 times)

Moto63

Off forum 2
« on: October 01, 2020, 06:20:59 PM »
Definitely off forum this one but I’m sure some of you will be old enough to remember and appreciate the Raleigh chopper.... well I was given one on Tuesday, friend of mine found it in a skip so dragged it out and passed it on to yours truly. Needs some TLC but it’s all there and in one piece.
Cheers, Michael

mthee

Re: Off forum 2
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 07:37:01 PM »
Mum said it was dangerous, so I couldn't have one, hence my interest in proper choppers which I've never bought for the same reason! What you gonna do with it?
Fear of the unknown does not mean the unknown needs to be feared

Moto63

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2020, 08:06:47 PM »
Well I certainly am not going to sell it and make myself a quick buck. I’ll probably restore it a bit. Mudguards need re chroming and it needs new inner tubes in both front and rear wheels, then I’ll probably hang it from my garage ceiling in some kind of nostalgic nod to my yoof 😉. It’s apparently a Mk3 which I never even knew they’d done, clearly remember the Mk1&2 coming out back in the day but they re introduced the Mk3 for a limited run back in 2004. I’ll keep you posted of any developments with it👍... cheers, Michael

CrazyFrog

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2020, 08:32:33 PM »
Am I right in saying the Mk3 didn't have the iconic car style gear lever due to elf and safety?
2023 Royal Enfield Meteor 350
2021 Honda CB125F

mthee

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2020, 09:05:59 PM »
I’ll probably hang it from my garage ceiling

Stunt it around the back garden when the neighbours are out, more like!😜
Fear of the unknown does not mean the unknown needs to be feared

Moto63

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2020, 07:39:55 AM »
Am I right in saying the Mk3 didn't have the iconic car style gear lever due to elf and safety?
Yes you are correct Pete, it has an oohh so modern handlebar twist grip for the gear change😢 it also has a standard style pushbike seat with like a separate back pad, it kind of mimics the original bench type seat. I’m defo going to be converting that to look more period. Regards the stick shift gear lever, there’s a plate welded in the place where the mechanism/lever would be, so I’m just going to fashion up a stick shift gear lever and bolt it in place so it again mimics the original type. I am clearly going to be doing all of this once I’ve finished building our house, finished building the XBR tracker and building the xbr engined, RS hillclimber 🤣🤣🤣🤣
I like to be busy😉.... cheers, Michael

Ian

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2020, 04:10:07 PM »
So Michael, not much chance of it being done in this millennium 🤔😁🤞
1 SRX 1 C400X -2 thumpers

Moto63

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2020, 06:01:51 PM »
🐱🐱... oh I don’t know, I’m cracking on with the house build now so hopefully be able to put some of my efforts back into the bikes before to long 🤞😉