Author Topic: Yamaha 670cc flat tracker  (Read 446 times)

themoudie

Yamaha 670cc flat tracker
« on: July 03, 2020, 09:46:20 PM »
I suspect the engine is rather tasty in this machine!  ;)

I have 'Google translated' the description and posted it below, the link will take you to the website.

"The web is always a source of inspiration and ideas for any projects, having a Yamaha mono in the garage, this could be a project for the coming winter.
By now flat track bikes or trackers in general have taken the upper hand compared to the timeless cafe racer among the fans' fashion. Motorieep had already made a flat track motorbike on a Yamaha TT 600 base last year, wanting to replicate the motorbike made in 1988 by Yamaha France for the pilot Christian Caillon, where the highlight was a 670 engine built using other parts of the house models of the 3 tuning forks.
Crankshaft and flywheel were lightened, with a cylinder head revised in the flows and lowered by 2 mm to increase compression, a new camshaft with a sharper profile, lighter valves, specific carburettor (not Euro 4), and a displacement brought to 670 cc by means of a 100 mm diameter cast iron coating of the 2 mm cylinder on this mill already "badly typed" by the factory.
Now they have replicated this recipe again on this Yamaha TTE, mounting a pair of shock absorbers at the rear instead of the original mono, while at the front a fork with inverted stems, the chassis is completed by the classic 19-inch wheels.
 The tank is now that of its XT 500 progenitor and a single-seat saddle that rests on a new rear frame.
the bike is street legal, in fact it is equipped with both front and rear lights, even the braking system has kept the disc on the front wheel."

Link: motorieep-yamaha-670

My regards, Bill

mthee

Re: Yamaha 670cc flat tracker
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2020, 10:39:49 AM »
You've spotted a nice one there, Bill. I particularly like the colour tie-in between the headers, anodised forks and cream (?) body work.
Shame Rocket Garage's pics don't allow pinch to zoom.
Fear of the unknown does not mean the unknown needs to be feared