Author Topic: Now there's a surprise!  (Read 84 times)

Ian

Triumph Street Twin 900
Benelli Imperiale 400

Richard

• Always wear protection
Re: Now there's a surprise!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2020, 04:58:11 PM »
Whole industry is a crooked proposal.  Support a whole gamut of middle men, shareholders, managers who produce nothing but move money about and charge for the privilege.

Pay private companies to use public roads?

Pah!
Note to Self: Shiney side goes UP.

CrazyFrog

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2020, 05:45:58 PM »
Yep, the way it's run in Australia(?) makes much more sense. Third party insurance is provided by the govt. when you tax your vehicle every year. I believe you can then then purchase a fully comp. top policy from private insurance providers.
2011 Jawa 350 Sport
2016 Jawa 350 Classic

Smithy

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2020, 08:48:50 AM »
Yep, the way it's run in Australia(?) makes much more sense. Third party insurance is provided by the govt. when you tax your vehicle every year. I believe you can then then purchase a fully comp. top policy from private insurance providers.

Wouldn't that be fantastic. The problem with this country as Richard pointed out is the wholesale greed of large companies being let make billions of pounds off us poor saps at the bottom. Mass action is required, if no-one insured a vehicle for a month things would have to change. Not going to happen but it's a nice dream.

Ian

mthee

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2020, 09:54:41 AM »

[/quote]

Wouldn't that be fantastic. The problem with this country as Richard pointed out is the wholesale greed of large companies being let make billions of pounds off us poor saps at the bottom. Mass action is required, if no-one insured a vehicle for a month things would have to change. Not going to happen but it's a nice dream.

Ian
[/quote]

Henceforth, renamed, "Citizen Smithy" ??👏

Richard

• Always wear protection
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2020, 11:02:30 AM »
Surprising (not) how quickly this moves towards rants.

Almost as fast as an oil thread.

Ian

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2020, 12:06:01 PM »
Far better solution is just don't use Bennetts or Carole Nash.
(Other well known and reliable insurance companies are available 👍)
Triumph Street Twin 900
Benelli Imperiale 400

Richard

• Always wear protection
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2020, 03:09:11 PM »
Left Bennetts this year after they hiked the renewal price.

Every time Carole Nash quote they are expensive as they automatically include a rescue package I don't need as I get it via work.

Many of the otherwise good 'classic' insurance companies won't cover me as I use my bikes for work and work shifts so can't guarantee there being garaged overnight.  I wouldn;t mind but ost of them are MZs!!

And going shopping through insurances every year is a time consuming pita I could do without.  House, van, car, bikes - it takes hours of reading small print every time.

Must stop, blood pressure rising.......

Ian

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2020, 05:09:37 PM »
Most deffo needs to be in rants now. 😡😡
Triumph Street Twin 900
Benelli Imperiale 400

Smithy

« Reply #9 on: Today at 06:10:40 AM »

Ian
[/quote]

Henceforth, renamed, "Citizen Smithy" ??👏
[/quote]

Power to the people! Can I have mine in bhp though please. Now get off my pub.

Ian

themoudie

« Reply #10 on: Today at 07:14:57 AM »
THIS IS OFF TOPIC!  :o :o :o

The secret is to insure each bike individually!  ;)

I used the MCN ( OH GAWD! ::) ) insurance finder and after each search, wiped all the 'cookies', so that your past history of insurance searches 'disappears'.  ;)

LV wanted £135 to insure the 1986 Morini K2 350, FC, this year and a further £65 to insure Sally SRX598 TPFT on a combined policy. So, I went on MCN and for the Morini alone, the best price was £60 from LV!  :o  Not sure how that works!  :-\  Reduced price further by TPFT with 'Carole Nash Select' who then quoted £ 43-47. with Ageas (whom I believe have taken Carole Nash over?) The 'Carole Nash' price in the list of options of FC quotes was nearly as much as the initial LV quote and their TPFT quote was overpriced by a similar magnitude.

With Sally, 'Carole Nash Select' were able to shave a further £5 from the LV TPFT combined quote, for their TPFT, so bringing that down to £60.

So, all for a wee 'search' on the MCN insurance finder I saved £80 from my bill, with a like for like comparison and £97 by dropping the Morini to TPFT, which I am happy to do.

I hope this helps.

Finally, and "on message" (What twat thought that one up?), I too would prefer the Antipodean insurance model, but, their climate is sh!te and I don't wish to disturb them.

My regards, Bill
« Last Edit: Today at 07:34:52 AM by themoudie »

mthee

« Reply #11 on: Today at 11:20:14 AM »

Finally, and "on message" (What twat thought that one up?), I too would prefer the Antipodean insurance model, but, their climate is sh!te and I don't wish to disturb them.

My regards, Bill

🤣👍