Author Topic: Uttoxeter?  (Read 4622 times)

mini-thumper

Re: Uttoxeter?
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2010, 03:38:24 PM »
For all those coming to show bikes (and/or stay over), You can access the site from 12 noon onwards on friday. the club stand is in the centre course marquee, stand number CM6.

GC

Has the club been allocated a camping pitch or do we just go where we want? If its choose your own I'll try and get there fairly early to put my coat and jumper on the same spot we had last year. It is basically to the right as you come in right on the rail of the racetrack, in front of a small cricket pavillion (which is outside the track). Look out for a long flag pole with a Welsh flag on the end and maybe a trianglar pennant!!!!

Boyd

Mark

« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2010, 05:29:03 PM »

Has the club been allocated a camping pitch or do we just go where we want? If its choose your own I'll try and get there fairly early to put my coat and jumper on the same spot we had last year. It is basically to the right as you come in right on the rail of the racetrack, in front of a small cricket pavillion (which is outside the track). Look out for a long flag pole with a Welsh flag on the end and maybe a trianglar pennant!!!!

Boyd

Ok Boyd, will search you out when we get there. Hopefully by 4pm.

Mark
There exists a set of people who believe 2>4

guest7

« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2010, 05:43:21 PM »
Look out for a long flag pole with a Welsh flag on the end and maybe a trianglar pennant!!!!

What's the betting a Norwegian flag will be flying when we get there? And who will adopt the Captain Oates role? In times past it would have been Steve D. He'd say "I'm going outside" and he wouldn't return... generally because he'd fallen over/into something  ;) :D

No specified camping area Boyd so 'cricket pitch corner' should be our target. I think I will drive straight to the camping area, put up my big tent and then ferry the stuff across to the stand. Last year I arsed about trying to park next to the marquee and it all got a bit stressful.

I'm hoping to leave Cardiff by 10 so I should be there early afternoon (best laid plans and all that). As an aside, Gareth is coming in the camper he has recently converted from a lacklustre builder's van. It is a fantastic job and looks just like a professional conversion, it's well worth a look if you are at the show.

GC

guest7

« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2010, 08:31:24 PM »
Site update - I got a phone call from Rick Sharp tonight and he is already at the site and has bagged the camping spot!

As Boyd said, head for the section of fence nearest the cricket pavilion and we will be camped out there.

GC

guest18

« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2010, 09:44:54 PM »
Assuming I manage to pack and assuming nothing goes wrong at work and assuming my fuel line holds together and assuming I can find the new local delivery office and manage to collect my ticket(  :o ) I shall be leaving around 4ish on an unfaired MZ... so it'll probably be raining*  ::) lol
I would expect I'll join you all around the back of nine, ten-ish (ish!)

*we're all dooomed Mr Mannering erm, Carrick, dooomed I tell ye'!

guest7

« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2010, 10:15:46 PM »
LOL, what could possibly go wrong?  ;)

If you fail to get your ticket then just ring me when you get to the site and I will come out to the gate with the one spare ticket that I have left.

Phone number is 07866 525054

Cheers
GC

guest18

« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2010, 08:45:25 AM »
"what could possibly go wrong?  "

Never.. never.. ask that question!  :o lol

Got the tickets  8) got a new fuel line on this morning  ::)

See you later... hopefully!

(looking forwards to the A7 then A6 if the weather holds though  8) 8) ;D )

Edited to add;

Whoo-hoo! the boss is letting me slide away early... and the met office forecast is for sunny and nice today  8), sunny with cloudy intervals tomorrow  :) then p**h on Sunday for the run home...  :-X
I think I may be shopping on Saturday for new waterproof trousers...!

But sunshine today will be  ;D ;D 8)

See you all down there!