Technical > Bike Problems/Questions

Fitting tapered head bearings to SRX

<< < (2/3) > >>

guest7:
That reminds me, the last time I did a set of XBR wheel bearings I modified the spacer tube so that it you could, next time, get a drift onto the back of the bearings to get the sods out. Why Honda can't do that is beyond me... oh yes, we aren't supposed to work on our bikes are we.

GC

Nathan:

--- Quote from: onepot on December 02, 2006, 06:38:48 PM --- oh yes, we aren't supposed to work on our bikes are we.
GC

--- End quote ---

I think thats why on the SRX the bolts that hold the carb in place are hidden behind a small unecessary plate just big enough to stop allen keys going in true to the hole.

Cheers for the tips guys...

Nathan:

--- Quote from: peterj on December 01, 2006, 02:17:10 PM ---
The race on the bottom of the triple clamp can be a problem also. I usually remove by genlty grinding it down until it splits.

I
--- End quote ---

Okay, I only have a bench grinder, and I cant get it close enough without causing damage to other areas.

any further ideas on this?

Nathan

peterj:
You could get a bearing puller, but a cheap angle grinder is probably cheaper and more fun/useful to own.

bullet350:
have a pop at the bearing runner with a hacksaw cutting  downward, getting as close to the upright steerer tube as you can. then with a file remove the last 1/8" to make the runner C shaped, looking from above.

bullet350

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version