Author Topic: Aprilia Moto 6.5 shock alternatives?  (Read 830 times)

motomic

Aprilia Moto 6.5 shock alternatives?
« on: March 13, 2012, 10:05:57 PM »
Hi,
I have a '96 Moto with a knackered shock, bit if a long shot but does anyone here know if the shock off any other bike is interchangeable?  I want (need) to keep costs down so would like to source second hand.

any help much appreciated

motomic

Re: Aprilia Moto 6.5 shock alternatives?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 08:52:59 AM »
Hi, thought I'd reply to myself in case anyone might be curious about my unusual bike.  My Aprilia Moto 6.5 went into my mothers garage under a sheet in 2004, I meant to fix it that winter but one thing after another etc.

With the help of a good friend - in exchange for a loan of the bike to go to the Manx GP - it is now up and running.  Bits sourced from Wemoto, a German ebayer, another bit from a chap in Italy and a few things available from the dealer.  Forks rebuilt, new second hand shock installed, most rubber pipes and connectors replaced, choke cable and horrible plastic bits at the carb end renewed a good clean up and now the bike is back on the road. 

First ride for the first few miles and I was asking myself what I had ever seen in this daft bike.  A few miles later and I was boping along with a big silly grin on my face  :)  It's a bit of a crazy bike but I like it.  Maybe late in the year or next year I might roll up at a meet.  Do you guys have meets at all or just this forum?  forgive my ignorance on that bit.

happy thumping  :)

Richard

• Always wear protection
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 11:37:48 AM »
I take it you have spoken to Hagon ?

If not, do, they can make up a shock for nearly everything and usually cheaper too.

Otherwise no experience of the model I'm afraid - as rare as Hen's teeth I think.

Good luck.
Note to Self: Shiney side goes UP.

SRXweb

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 11:51:26 AM »
I think the shock hadden't been developped exclusively for the Stark 6.5 and you can find other shocks that match.

You can contact EMC Racing Shocks : http://www.emc-suspensions.fr/catalogue.htm#marques

Their website is in french, nethertheless I think they can speak english.

Try to contact Wilbers in Germany or Bitubo in italy (I think they are imported in England) an Hagon of course.

motomic

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 03:25:03 PM »
Hi,
Thanks for the replies but sorted for now with a new second hand part from a chap in Germany.  Wilbers (I think that's how it's spelt) advertise shocks so when I have the money to upgrade I will take that route.

For now with a mixture of old second hand, old new stock and new stuff I have the thing up running and looking good.  Very pleased with myself I have to admit.

now I have to fit the luggage which I am lucky enough to have.

Richard

• Always wear protection
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 05:12:22 PM »
Excellent, be nice to see one in the flesh.  Always reminds me of a kettle for some reason :-)
Note to Self: Shiney side goes UP.

motomic

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 10:53:59 AM »
one of my mates calls it a teapot  :)