Author Topic: XBR 500 Engine Oil Pump ferrule & seal  (Read 503 times)

guest1565

XBR 500 Engine Oil Pump ferrule & seal
« on: April 23, 2013, 10:14:23 AM »
I wonder if anyone can help please?  After removing the r/h side engine cover (Clutch side) the pump has an outlet (or inlet) which feeds (or is fed by) the oil filter chamber.  There is a small ferrule and O ring seal which seats between the crank-case and the clutch cover. 

My problem is that this ferrule does not appear to fit very well and so the O ring is a bit slack too.  Knowing Honda, I can't see them doing anything like this - as the life blood of the engine is either supplied or returned here!  I THINK someone has been in and perhaps lost the original ferrule to replace it with one that is 'Near enough'. 

Q: Does anyone know if this ferrule is made of steel or Aluminium?  The one fitted is Ally but Honda usually make these things good and tight out of STEEL! 

Anyone either got one or knows what it should be?  Thank you!  David

guest1645

Re: XBR 500 Engine Oil Pump ferrule & seal
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 04:05:18 PM »
Hi,
Just took cover off mine today (see post ref XBR Broken Camshaft) so went and had a look.
The furrule is in Al. I think it is not a structural dowel pin, only pipe to connect pump to Filter  housing in cover. Therefore no problem in Al. Hope this puts your mind at ease. I am also new to XBR and at each stage wondering if what I have correct or result of bodge from previous strip downs. David

guest833

Re: XBR 500 Engine Oil Pump ferrule & seal
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 07:16:31 PM »
Well if its not David...

davida1495.....

Maybe you wish to respond to my rant elsewhere on this site....regarding outbidding people on eBay...?

;)

John