Author Topic: Exhaust systems for XBR500  (Read 696 times)

xbruby

Exhaust systems for XBR500
« on: February 06, 2009, 01:48:29 PM »
In the bike problems / questions forum one of our esteemed members has contacted Motad about the possibility of producing a stainless steel system for an XBR500.
Motad responded by saying that they would produce a limited run of 10 systems if they received 10 requests asking for the same thing.

To date about 6 of us have put requests in. I am opening this up to the general chatter area in case any XBR riders out there missed it. All we need is another 4 requests.

Andy

turkeyuk

Re: Exhaust systems for XBR500
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 11:55:40 AM »
what are they going to cost? & does anybody have any photos of one?

xbruby

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 01:57:27 PM »
Graham might be able to furnish us with photographs of his old system.

As for how much I ma afraid I haven't a clue. I suppose we have to get the 10 potential purchasers in place first but I would imagine, based on other Motad products, that we would be looking at £300.00 ish at least as they will have to tool up for a limited run.

Andy

guest7

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 12:33:51 AM »
It has to be said that my original Motad exhaust was one of the best things I ever bought for the bike, it lasted years and was was pretty to look at. Added to this, it was a doddle to drop off the original silencer and replace it with an unbaffled 350 Goldie silencer... you know it makes sense  ;)

I put my name down immediately for one.

This picture doesn't do it justice (and I'd scraped the silencer in an accident before this was taken):

GC

guest526

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 07:43:14 PM »
I have an old (like 15 year old ) Motad exhaust that I'm about to refit to my XBR cafe race project.Curiously the stainless steel downpipes have become pitted and discoloured ( hence the black VHT paint ),but the chrome plated silencer is still good.I'm hoping it will last another year ;).

some pics