Author Topic: Hybrids  (Read 623 times)

andy230

Hybrids
« on: February 03, 2009, 04:35:46 PM »
Now I understand what they are all about...!  There are a few pics in the gallery of this motor sumewhere.

Hopefully to appear in supermono at some in the future?

http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2009/02/03/ellwood-hybrid-single-cylinder-reed-valve-intercooled-4-stroke-engine/

a

Andy M

Re: Hybrids
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 09:57:43 AM »
Well it's better than the Australian 6-stroke or the micro-cam engine. If it was tried in 1913 and dropped, what's going to make it work now? New materials? If he's having to run pre-mix it's a non starter on emissions. If there is nothing really new, it strikes me as a curiosity rather than a practical design, 50 HP from what's really a supercharged 500 doesn't seem that fantastic. Good luck to the guy though he's certainly got the skill to make it work if there is anything there.

I'm getting a Hybrid on Monday. New Company hack is a Petrol-Electric Honda. The Hybrid monica I can tell is going to get over used in the near future.

Andy

guest7

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 08:20:43 PM »
The Hybrid monica I can tell is going to get over used in the near future.

Andy

Moniker, I believe to be the correct spelling. Unless of course you're referring to that famed Northern prostitute ' High-bred Monica', originally of well-to-do origins, but reduced to selling her body in the nightclubs of Leeds. She told all her potential clients, "A lady should never be without a pink gin and a pearl necklace, and if it pleases you I'll have the first now and the second later".

hth  ;)
GC

p.s. I've just PM'd you

robG

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 09:20:43 PM »

A lady would should never be without a pink gin and a pearl necklace, and if it pleases you I'll have the first now and the second later".
[/quote]

Seeing this made me think of Jethro ,

"A LAYDEE should never be without a pink wig ,pearls and twin set ."  :-*

Rob

Andy M

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 09:38:07 PM »
The Hybrid monica I can tell is going to get over used in the near future.

Andy

Moniker, I believe to be the correct spelling. Unless of course you're referring to that famed Northern prostitute ' High-bred Monica', originally of well-to-do origins, but reduced to selling her body in the nightclubs of Leeds. She told all her potential clients, "A lady would should never be without a pink gin and a pearl necklace, and if it pleases you I'll have the first now and the second later".

hth  ;)
GC

p.s. I've just PM'd you

Having tried most clubs in Leeds in my time, I can honestly say I've never the lady  ;D

Now an odd fact is fact is that the only club in the Leeds redlight district is in fact part of the gay scene. Bad planning or what.

Andy

xbruby

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 01:31:40 PM »
Quite disturbed that you seem so knowledgeable on these matters Andy  :o

guest27

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 02:10:04 PM »
Gay - Leeds... Been to Leeds loads of times and never seen a smiling face let alone any gaiety.

R

themoudie

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 12:52:09 AM »
EEEE lad, born int box ont verge of M62, wi nowt but a woolen vest. T' irritation were that bad, could never smile.  :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

On the other hand, Fowlers home town, bring on the AA's BB's and K7's! ;D

Tarra, Bill.