Author Topic: skorpion improvements ( i hope )  (Read 1491 times)

guest1717

skorpion improvements ( i hope )
« on: January 13, 2014, 09:19:25 PM »
Hi

Well when i return home next week my mz skorpion should be sporting a titanium akrapovic and a slightly amended r6 link pipe. I have also ordered a carb kit from tunebike to be fitted.

The question is will it look better and ride well or will it be a pig with expensive accessories?

I will post an image and let you know.

The next thing on the list is a paint job but what colour.

I was drawn to either yellow or a matte blue but suggestions are welcome

Justin

tigcraft

Re: skorpion improvements ( i hope )
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 07:46:17 AM »
I've just painted my sport to copy a replica style, so here's in idea, Eric

Attachment Expired

guest1717

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 10:20:27 PM »
Looks good, do you have a pic of it on the bike?

I'm just wondering what the silver frame and engine looks like with the plastics.

I am still pondering and I'm trying to track down some costs on the BMW frozen blue matte product.

Currently I am waiting for a link pipe to be made as the R6 1999 link pipe is close but about 1mm too wide in diameter to connect to the existing mid section. I have found somebody who says they will do it but I have been waiting a while now.

Fingers crossed it will be completed by the end of March including a paint job ( blind optimism )

Once I have it back I will take some pics

tigcraft

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 03:37:18 PM »
Couple of pics for the finished bike. I'm going to contrast the panels against the frame a little more as they need a darker background by darkening the frame.

Attachment Expired

tigcraft

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 03:38:47 PM »
2nd one

Attachment Expired

guest1717

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 02:48:33 PM »
The bike looks good

guest1717

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 04:18:45 PM »
My mechanic fellow has confirmed to me that the manufacture of a link pipe to make my 52mm inlet Akrapovic work on the MZ Skorpion is under way and thinks all will be ready for when I am back in the UK next weekend.

If it has been completed I will take some pics and post them / let you know whether the link pipe solution a) functions well b) how good it looks and c) how yummy the single sounds through an Akrapovic  :)

I will refrain from putting the removable baffle in to start with. I then need to explain to the wife why it is important to store the standard silencer under our bed.

I will post the final solution and the details of who has done the work for me so that anybody who needs a link pipe solution can follow a similar direction.

The matte blue paintwork may or may not be finished by next weekend so final pics of the completed project may be a couple of weeks later.

guest1717

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2014, 04:30:32 PM »
Thought I should post some pre changes photos

Snapped this beauty up for under £500 ( interesting colour I think you will agree )

Big ugly link pipe and silencer

Attachment Expired

tigcraft

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 10:03:19 PM »
I'm rather impressed with the price, did you use a gun to the head by any chance?

guest1717

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2014, 07:50:19 PM »
I have some paintwork pics to post but need to do from my lap top so i can reduce the file size. Failed when i just tried to post and appears not to have loaded the text oops.

Yep the price was good he started at 700 and i started at 400 and we ended up nearer to my price. Basically it had done 18 miles in 2 years and he wanted rid of it.

Mind you it is balanced by the fact i have just over paid by about 200 for a gsxr slingshot. Swings and roundabouts i guess.

Pics will be posted tomorrow

guest1717

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2014, 05:01:29 PM »
Photos of the painted panels, I think the colour is great but the finish isn't. I will need to get the painter to give them another coat

guest1717

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2014, 05:03:09 PM »
Clicked post before attaching oops

Attachment Expired

guest1717

Re: skorpion improvements ( i hope ) matte blue paint job
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2014, 09:13:37 PM »
Well my matte blue paint job has been completed and the panels put back on the bike, finally.

I am now waiting for an engineer to put a bend in my 1999-2002 R6 link pipe for my Akrapovic pipe. He has already reduced the diameter one end so it is a snug fit to the mid section put the angle against the bike isn't quite right. A slight bend towards the bike should do it as it current sticks out at a jaunty angle and can't rotate as otherwise it fouls the swingarm.

Once I have the Akrapovic on and looking good I will post some more pics :D

Attachment Expired

guest1717

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2014, 04:47:30 PM »
Exhaust on and sounds like a chinook

Attachment Expired