Author Topic: Wanted- Brazer near Derby?  (Read 1081 times)

guest833

Wanted- Brazer near Derby?
« on: January 28, 2010, 05:21:58 PM »
Got some xbr original pipes (not the ones on the other thread) that need welding. The chrome cover has gone though on the underside of the top bend of the downpipes and the silencers have one or two holes in. I have uploaded a couple of pictures. They do have some life in them if they can be welded though. I am ok with the lecky welder but it blows through, the local guy at the garage with the mig blows it through but he reckons they can be done with gas welding.

Can you help or know somebody that can? I am Derby way

Cheers

John    

Jez F

Re: Wanted- Gas Welder in Midlands?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 05:55:52 PM »
Hi John, I've got an Oxy set up  as well as mig and arc, if you want to come down and don't mind risking blowing more holes in them, you're welcome to have a go. In Wolves by the way.
 Jez

guest833

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 06:06:46 PM »

Really appreciate-may take you up on that- if it blows it blows!! They are not much cop as they are

I'll just leave it on a bit and see if anyone is around closer to Derby-

Cheers

John

Jez F

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 12:46:23 PM »
Hi John, I've just seen the photo's, I think that by the time you grind back to solid metal you're going to be left with a large pile of grinding dust, and very little else. If they were mine, I don't think I would spend the time and money getting them fixed. I've scrapped better condition exhaust systems than that, it's up to you but I would think it would be easier to find some in better condition.
 Jez

Ian

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 10:55:33 PM »
Just a quick thought..how about having them brazed? or silver soldered? I know its just as hard to find them now but ...my thoughts only

Ian
1 SRX 1 C400X -2 thumpers

guest833

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 03:15:55 PM »

Anyway of saving them at a reasonable price- they are good on the seen side

Cheers

John

guest833

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 08:45:54 PM »

Sorted now- see new post- i've chopped out so it can be migged

John

guest833

Re: Wanted- Brazer near Derby?
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 07:36:02 PM »

Think it might be better to braze than mig- anyone out there can help me out- i am setting up all the pieces to braze in on the pipes/ silencers- just need someone to do the deed

pm me or text/ call 07990 810934

Cheers

John