Author Topic: MZ Skorpion Carb(float bowl) removal  (Read 901 times)

guest18

MZ Skorpion Carb(float bowl) removal
« on: June 28, 2012, 04:52:02 AM »
Morning chaps es chapesses, my Skorp appears to have some sort of sediment/muck in the floatbowl (will run perfectly most of the time but sometimes suffer a blockage of the mid/main jet, idles fine(with a hint of lean running when the problem manifests itself) but will not rev at all, seems possible to suck the blockage through with a bit of aggressive throttle use so far (touches wood)).

I've stuck some petrol cleaner through it and changed the old petrol pipe to a clear plastic one but the problem re-appeared last week.

Now clearly the next move should be to drop the floatbowl and clean it out properly, but on checking (and remembering my old Z200 where I could drop it at roadside with no tools!  8)), I discover that I've as much chance of getting access to the float in situ as I have of winning the lottery and living a life of leisure and manx nortons  :( ::)

So my question is... is there an "easy" way to get the floatbowl off or do I have to strip the tank/side bodywork etc etc to pry the whole unit out?  :-\
(Not that I'm doing it in the next day or so as I'm off with flu and in the huff!  >:( )
Cheers, S

Steve H

Re: MZ Skorpion Carb(float bowl) removal
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 07:49:46 PM »
Smudge, I had problems with water getting into the tank. From memory I put sealant around to seal the fuel cap to the tank, this may have deteriorated so might be worth checking.

themoudie

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 08:48:03 PM »
Aye Smudge,

Sorry to read that you are in dock. Get well soon and don't give it to the wee fella!  ;)

As for the carbie, I never found an easy way of getting into it and I agree that the seal around the neck of the tank maybe leaking water into the tank.

For Gawds sake don't let it fester and put yoursel' an inline filter in, afore the carb, after cleaning everything out. Sally put a wee speck of muck between the float needle and the float needle seat!  ::)  I had to 'get off' quick, as the fuel overflowed over the hot exhaust and vapourised!!  :o  Fortunately, nothing ignited and I was able to retrieve the tank bag and turn 'Off' the fuel, afore creating a funeral pyre!

All the best, Bill.

guest40

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 02:35:37 PM »
Have you checked thecondition of the diapragm? its the lowest point in the system. It too could trap gunk, like in the chainsaws