Author Topic: DR 750 tyres  (Read 483 times)

Steve H

DR 750 tyres
« on: September 27, 2006, 08:47:16 AM »
I still havent bought any tyres and the DR still isnt MOT'd. Looking around for prices of Distanzia's I noticed that its possible to get BT45's in 21" sizes, since these work really well on the SRX, and I am never going to take the DR offroad, I'm tempted to try a pair. The way I see it they will be better in the wet, better braking and hopefully improve handling. The downside being they cost more (£120 compared to £90 for Distanzias) and will wear out quicker (3-4000 miles on the SRX).
Any thoughts (apart from me being a big girls blouse for not taking the DR offroad)

peterj

Re: DR 750 tyres
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 01:11:19 PM »
Just a thought, but I'd guess that the 21" BT45's are aimed at Harleys. I wonder if they have the same compounds/construction as the 18" ones, and whether they will work as well on the much lighter DR. Might last well though......

squirrelciv

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 06:58:49 PM »
Sorry but the tight arse in me says "get the Distenzias" At the end of the day, the DR isn't an SRX and sticky rubber is a waste of cash. Trust me the Avons are very safe at quite accute lean angles, wet or dry (I'm usually not too far behind you on outings, with the one notable exception which wasn't tyre related).

Put it this way, over 9,000 miles the one set of avons (with life still left in the front) at 90 quid would have been replaced 3 times with the BT45's at a cost of 360 quid!!!

Your call but I know what my wallet recomends
Live long, live well, live happy

Steve H

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 06:22:56 AM »
Put it this way, over 9,000 miles the one set of avons (with life still left in the front) at 90 quid would have been replaced 3 times with the BT45's at a cost of 360 quid!!!

True, but if my mileage this year is anything to go by, the BT45's will last me about ten years !. I'll probabaly see sense and get the Avons