Author Topic: Zen at its best!  (Read 415 times)

themoudie

Zen at its best!
« on: November 26, 2018, 01:09:04 AM »
BIG_rocks_on_edge!

I like this very much, a bit like shimming Ducati single gearboxes!  ;)

Zennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!  :-X

Bill

xbally

Re: Zen at its best!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 01:04:10 PM »
Don't tell the health and safety brigade!
HONDA CB250RSA ROYAL ENFIELD CONTINENTAL GT535

iansoady

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 01:36:04 PM »
I like them but you wouldn't want to sneeze near them......
Ian.
1952 Norton ES2
1986 Honda XBR500
1958(ish) Grumph.....

Moto63

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 08:26:09 PM »
It's a fix.... they just drill a hole into both stones then slot a piece of re-bar into bottom stone then slide top stone down onto the sticky out bit of re-bar poking out of bottom stone... 😉😉😉😉🤘
I'd do the job in a couple of hours 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Cheers, Michael

iansoady

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2018, 09:57:56 AM »
Oh, you've spoilt it now!
Ian.
1952 Norton ES2
1986 Honda XBR500
1958(ish) Grumph.....

Propellor

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2018, 12:05:58 PM »
An advocate of occasional meditation, Naawan zen.
BEIGE is all the rage

BrendanO

• Procrastinating in Embra
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2018, 10:55:08 PM »
I kind of like this too - a great way to fet kids into beach visits etc, and very good as a hangover activity!

However, in dome "wild places", it's almost becoming a firm of pollution as folk feel they need to leVe a human mark on a natural landscape. It's nowhere near as bad as finding toilet paper sticking out from under a rock, but....
XBR500,  FT500 (USA reg still but now starts/runs nicely!)
non-thumpers CX500EC, NTV650P

themoudie

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2018, 01:15:48 AM »
Aye Brendan,

Take the hill road off the A9 heading north at Dalnaspittal to head for Trinafour and you first pass over the dried up River Garry (the Hydro have snaffled all the water!) and the river bed is littered with these things as though you were standing in the middle of a midden from the Pharaohs building sites! Just needs someone to open the sluices a little longer to flush the lot flat again. I could go on (RANT!) about the micro fauna that relies on cover from undisturbed boulders, stones, bit like looking under rocks in tidal rock pools when at the seaside, "Put it back the way you found it and move away quietly. Please!"

As for the khazi problem, at least it's under a rock. There are an awful lot of places where there is no attempt to cover or remove it from the area and it is as bad as dog c**p in some parts. Not helped by many Councils shutting khazis or making the maintenance of them a "Community responsibility!". Current nonsense highlighted by the North Coast 500 "tourist route"! I'll stop as I feel another (RANT!) coming on.

Good health to you and I hope that you are getting the Border miles in.

My regards, Bill

themoudie

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2018, 01:17:16 AM »
Sorry about the last post, looks like I need to go and practise some Zen in the workshop!  ;)

Toodle pip, Bill

BrendanO

• Procrastinating in Embra
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2018, 08:44:52 AM »
No, no, I totally understand! People going for an al fresco dump and either leaving it open, or putting a stone on too, is a particular annoyance to me...especially in climbing areas (by climbers too!). I usually carry a trowel, but have mainly just done a dump in the plastic bag I carry it in, as that's usually the easy option to carry out. Works for dogs, why not us? There's currently a massive thread on UKC (climbing forum) about this, and I am amazed about how many ruffty tuffty folk are very squeamish about this.

And relax.
XBR500,  FT500 (USA reg still but now starts/runs nicely!)
non-thumpers CX500EC, NTV650P

themoudie

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2018, 09:31:39 PM »
Aye Brendan, working in the woods and on the open hill for all my working life with a spade in hand or in the back of the van, it has never been a problem. As for the squeamish "rufty tufty folk", I suspect many have been reared on "disposable nappies" and the gentle arts of dealing with the green nappy etc are not part of their psyche. Usually Tyso et al customers, with the latest gizzmos, credit cards to match, with no maps or compass etc.

I don't go on the hill much these days, it gets busy. The north Affric Munroes in the early 70's, even over Easter weekend, were deserted and I was spoilt!  ;)

Good health and keep stravaiging, Bill